1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #1  

wkheathjr

Bronze Member
Tractor
80's Massey Ferguson 240
Hello,

Came cross another backhoe ad on craig's list and seller was asking $2,800 OBO. Came in and had a look then paid $1,500. It needs some works and possible engine rebuilding but I still thought $1,500 was too good to pass especially when it still runs.

Managed to find qualified mechanic who is willing to barter by fixing my backhoe in exchange to full season of deer hunting on my 55 acres. He is supposed to come in and we are to have a look at it and make list of all things that need to be fixed before we put the agreement in writing.

I am not familiar with history of Ford and I couldn't locate any Ford Tractor dealer in my area (Eastern NC surrounding Goldsboro/Kinston area). Did the company change name or what? I noticed that it is not listed on this forum too so vintage seems to be fitting for now. I'm excited and I wanted to get idea on what kind of price to expect when buying a replacement parts or kits from a dealer or private supplier (know any?).

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #2  
Ford sold their tractor division to Fiat which then became New Holland. You shouldn't have very much trouble finding parts for that machine.

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe
Thank for the quick reply! That's what I suspected since the color look almost similar. Many thanks!

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #4  
And now's it's Case New holland... CNH

soundguy

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #5  
And now's it's Case New holland... CNH

soundguy

Does NH supply any parts for the vintage Case tractors that later become part of IH (or at least that's what I thought)?

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #6  
Does NH supply any parts for the vintage Case tractors that later become part of IH (or at least that's what I thought)?

For vintage Case tractor parts you will need to go to your Case-IH dealer still. Ford parts you need to go to New Holland dealers. They are all one company with the same tractors but they keep the dealers seperate.

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #7  
And as far as vintage aprts support.. many of the larger companies still have quite good support for the older machines..

soundguy

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #8  

Case didn't become "part of IH". Actually the other way around. Case (Tenneco at the time) bought the IH Ag division when IH was having their version of a fire sale in the 1980's. It became Case-IH.....for a while anyway.

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #9  
And as far as vintage aprts support.. many of the larger companies still have quite good support for the older machines..

soundguy

Excellent support.....

The parts support for all the "orphan" brands is a HUGE part of CNH and AGCO's bottom line. Just got my "Heritage Parts" catalog from MF/AGCO on friday! Anything "Fergie" or MF prior to AGCO is listed. They cover all the bases.

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #10  
Excellent support.....

The parts support for all the "orphan" brands is a HUGE part of CNH and AGCO's bottom line. Just got my "Heritage Parts" catalog from MF/AGCO on friday! Anything "Fergie" or MF prior to AGCO is listed. They cover all the bases.

Yep.. and CNH has made all the old ford parts diagrams back to 1939 available online with parts numbers and all.

makes it much easier to order if you forgot your parts manual and need to look up an assembly real quick..

soundguy