Ford 641 Clutch

/ Ford 641 Clutch #1  

chrisco321

Tractor
Ford 641 Workmaster 1958
I was able to get my clutch unstuck after applying a couple of tricks learned here: block the clutch pedal, rock the tractor with it in high gear, etc. Well it was unstuck for a while but if I let it sit for a week or so it is again impossible to get in gear when I crank it. Why does it go back to being hard to get in gear? Thanks for any advice!

/ Ford 641 Clutch #2  
Once a clutch sticks, firt thing you need to do is get out and slip it a bit.. then.. if you are not going to be using it daily.. you BLOCK it... that's right. if yuo are not going to be stomping on the clutch every day.. block it open. mopst companies provide means to block clutches either via hooks/levers.. or wood blocks.

Since you got it unstuck recently.. it shouldn't be stuck too badly yet.. block it again and let her set.

You can roll her out in the pasture and start her in gear from the drivers seat using a piece of metal to jump the interlock safety switch.. drive in tight figure 8's while stomping the brak pedal for the outside tire all while having the clutch blocked... should pop loose.

can also hookup a pto load like a mower and block clutch and engage pto and have trans in neutral and bump starter around.. shock load usually free's her up.

once free... slip.. then BLOCK HER.. once they start sticking.. they usually don't stop..

soundguy