Ford 4000 4 cyl gas

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #1  

Foton404

Tractor
Foton 404, Farmall H, Ford 4000
I just purchased a 1963 4000 row crop at an auction and am delighted. I am a few hours away from having it painted. I owned an 8n when I was a kid, and have always yearned for Ford tractors. I was raised Red, so anything in our family other than a Farmall/International was heresy.

Ever own something that "just fit"? This 4000 is just that for me. This may sound crazy, but I have owned many cars in my 60 years, including 2 Mercedes, a BMW, a Porsche 911, and several other sport cars and muscle cars. But my favorite of all time was a relatively inexpensive 1974 Fiat 124 Spyder. It just felt right. Pull up to a stop light, reach back and pull up or push down the convertible top. Handling was very good. Ergonomics very good.

The 4000 feels great to me. I feel fortunate to have found one with new rear rubber, new rims, new alternator, battery and fresh fluids. The motor is very good - crisp, no smoke, good compression and oil pressure. A little bigger than I was looking for but still very handy. My Foton 404 fwa is for my mowing business - the 4000 is for the farm.

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #2  
that's a nice size tractor. I hope it has power stering they are a little stiff without it. You can square bale hay with that one. I assume its a gas burner. I hope you enjoy it

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #3  
I had a 1977 Spyder, I loved that car!

That Ford is a nice tractor and real popular around here.

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #4  
a 63 will be 4cy, and thus similar to a 801.. or rather a 901 in case of a rc... good near 50hp machine.

I have an 850 and a 951.. both real workhorses.

soundguy

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas
It has power steering. That S-O-S is still a worry though. Here in Southern Iowa it is difficult to find a level spot to park it. Can't get Park to work consistently.

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #6  
usually if park isnt always holding a little band adjustment is all it takes there are three bands to adjust with a torque wrench and then tighten the jam nuts there is a certain wayto do it, I can look it up tonight and post it tomorrow or maybe someone else has it handy, like soundguy.

/ Ford 4000 4 cyl gas #7