1944 9N ford tractor

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #1  

fordy

The engine looses power after running for about an hour. I only use it for cutting grass with a 5' brush hog attached.The last time it happened, I noticed gas dripping from the bottom of the carberator.Could I be getting a vapor lock from the heat by or near the gas line? I would appreciate any advive. Thank you.

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #2  
do a comp. check hot and cold if that checks good overhall carb and do a good tune up.

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #3  
Also check radiator cooling fins for buildup and fan belt tension for cooling fan speed.

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #5  
If your tractor is a 1944, then it would be a 2n (1939-1941 = 9n, 1942-1947 = 2n, 1948-1952 = 8n) Lots of folks get mixed up about this because there aint much difference between a 2n and 9n. Ford didnt build many tractors in 1944 due to military production requirements, and because of that, your tractor may have some collector value. In general, the 8n's are worth a good bit more because they have many improvements over the 9n's/2n's, especially the 1951's and 1952's. I would check the compression of your tractor, as I suspect worn valves as your problem.

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #6  
gas dripping from a carb is a sign of flooding and or stuck float or dirty float valve.. not vapor lock. Vapor lock would be the absence of fuel.. not the overabundance of fuel.

when she feel weak.. check spark

she still 6v?

got the oem coil and ballast resistor?

soundguy

/ 1944 9N ford tractor
Hey Soundguy, How are you doing? Yes it's still 6volt systemand I think it's the oem coil and resistor. What's the best way to check the spark? Thank's.

/ 1944 9N ford tractor #8  
check spark by pulling a wire and plugging in a spare plug with the gap opened to 3/16" and grounded to the block. check each wire.

soundguy