Old Ford 641 Id ?

/ Old Ford 641 Id ? #1  

Weldon

Tractor
Mahindra 4035 & Ford 641
I've got a Ford 641 that has >17484 I< for the S/N. What does the letter I signify?
I don't think it is a 1 because I don't think they made that many (174841) of the 601s.
It also has the paint scheme of the older 600 (Off-white hood, fenders, and wheels. It's either a '58 or '62.
I'm the third owner and the second owner said it was that way when he got it back in 1964.
It runs poorly due to carb/points but I have a rebuild kit for the Marvel Schebler carb and electronic ignition ordered.
It has already been converted to a 12V system.

Thanks for any help/info you can give me.

/ Old Ford 641 Id ? #2  
if it is a 1 back there.. I'd call it a late 62. ( lotsa times you see letters used as numbers.. not uncommon on fords.. )

what do the other casting dates codes say... should help you pin down from first or last year of the series...

soundguy

/ Old Ford 641 Id ? #3  
I've got a Ford 641 that has >17484 I< for the S/N. What does the letter I signify?
I don't think it is a 1 because I don't think they made that many (174841) of the 601s.
It also has the paint scheme of the older 600 (Off-white hood, fenders, and wheels. It's either a '58 or '62.
I'm the third owner and the second owner said it was that way when he got it back in 1964.
It runs poorly due to carb/points but I have a rebuild kit for the Marvel Schebler carb and electronic ignition ordered.
It has already been converted to a 12V system.

Thanks for any help/info you can give me.

Here's more info from TD.TractorData.com Ford 641 tractor information
Hope it helps .

Boone

/ Old Ford 641 Id ?
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I am in Afghanistan right now providing computer support to our brave men and women in the military so I can't get the casting numbers. I'll be home for Christmas on vacation and will play on it a little after upgrading the distributor and rebuilding the carb. It will be hard to stay off my new Mahindra 4035 but there is something about this old ford that it is just fun to play on.

/ Old Ford 641 Id ? #5  
keep yer head down and stay safe!

soundguy