Canadian 8n parts suppliers?

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #1  

mogdriver

Tractor
1947 Ford 8n
I guess my question still stands, where in Canada ( or in Alberta) can I find 8n parts? it seems like most suppliers in the US don't ship to Canada.

any ideas?

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #2  
what parts are you needing.. makes a difference..

soundguy

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers?
now that I've had a chance to get it running and go over it... mostly tune-up parts. starting from ignition lock, wiring harness, etc.etc all the way to plugs... possibly a new carb or a kit. all small stuff.

wouldn't mind finding a front bumper to fit, that would add to shipping costs... tires can be found locally, they'll last, but showing lots of cracks from UV

I've been working a lot lately haven't had a chance to get those part numbers down to NAPA yet...

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #4  
napa can get that carb kit..

it's in their ag application book. should be a MS 241 a-b-s or tsx 33.. same master kit rebuilds all 4 of them.

if it's a zenith carb.. use it's number.. napa can get zenith kits to. got one for me just a while back.

bumper? cheaper to weld up yer own out of scrap.. otherwise you will pay 75-90$ for a repop.. and probably 25$ + tarriff shipping..

soundguy

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers?
thanks for the input, this is farming country, a few big tractor graveyards around, might be a bumper lying around somewhere... I could fab it up and tack it together with my little mig and then get someone else to lay down some stronger beads..

I did find one supplier, about 5 hours north of here... waiting for replies on a few more emails.

really appreciate your help and input

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #6  
yep.. many times it's easier to find a slavage one local for heavy items. even if you have to torch or weld on it a bit to make it fit.

soundguy

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #7  
Take a peek at Antique Tractors - Yesterday's Tractors : Antique Tractor Headquarters. Soundguy turned me onto those guys... they're very competitive with pricing and great on shipping to Alaska.

Don't know how much difference it would make to ship to Alberta.. but, they might give NAPA a good run for your money and I sure know they'll have a part's selection that NAPA likely won't come close to!

AKfish

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #8  
yep.. I just got some sparex parts from them 2 weeks ago..

soudnguy

/ Canadian 8n parts suppliers? #10  
The Tsc stores also carry a fair bit of N series parts. There is a guy in southern Ontario that spealizes in N series parts for a living. I can't recall who it is.