Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA?

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #1  

jgayman

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2720
I'm trying to get my recently purchased Ford NAA into operational condition. The rear tires are "ok" but the rims are nasty and the innertubes are questionable. I would like to replace them prior to the upcoming snow season. I'm a little confused as to what size tire I should have installed. Currently it has two different sized tires on it, a 11x28 on the left and a 12.4x28 on the right.

I also have a 9N that I had new tires installed several years ago. That tractor had 13.6x28. So I had a new set of the same size installed, loaded with Calcium and with tire chains. I initially tried it just with the new tires and chains but it was worthless in the snow. With the tires loaded it is a beast! :)

Anyway, back to the NAA. I would love to swap the new loaded 13.6's from the 9N to the NAA but judging from the fender clearance they are much too large.

Assuming I simply have a new set of rims and loaded tires installed, what is the recommended rear tire size for the NAA?

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #2  
the 13.6-28's will work on the naa of the n just have to change the centers they are pretty much the same rear end other than the brakes and hubs i believe they orginaly had 11.2-28 and 12.4-28 so u can get either size which ever u like but i would put the 13.6X28's on it if it was mine and get a set of 11.2X28's for the 9n

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #3  
alot of assumption.. and none of them right so far.. :)

11-28 IS 12.4-28 same size. just like a 10-28 IS an 11.2-28

somewhere int he past the govt changed how tire size was measured.

your naa has the same size tires on each side.. one is old.. one is new. they might look a lil different from wear and profile though as some tires of the same size have different lug profiles.. usually you can fix this with air pressure.. etc.

now.. all that said. .. I'd put the 13.6-28 rims/tires onthe naa and the 11x28 / 12.4-28 rim/tires on the 9n. the 9n's centers will bolt to either hat or 6 loop 28 " rims. same with the nA.. IE.. you will have to leave the centers with each tractor.. just swap tires / rims.

as for fender profile... my naa has 16.9-24's on it... and they fit fine.

you do know you change the rear tire spacing by the way you bolt the center to the rim, and the center to the hub. you can dish the center out.. or put the center on the inside of the rim.. both add space from the tire to the fender. you can flip the tires side to side to keep tread going correct direction if flipping centers.. etc.

soundguy

Attachments

• naa.jpg
    naa.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 7,088
   / Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA?
Mis-assumptions... the story of my life. :) Thank you for the explaination on tire sizes. I would have never guessed 11-28 and 12.4-28 were the same tire.

I am definitely going to try swapping the tires around. I just need to get a few friends over to help as those loaded 9N tires are H-E-A-V-Y.

I have the manual for the NAA and was reviewing the page which describes all the different tire spacings and hub/wheel combinations. I just need to figure out which combo gives me the clearance I need.

Wow... those 16.9's on your NAA are beasts! :thumbsup:

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #5  
keep the tires upright and roll them. i move those 16.9x24's by myself as well 14.9-28's by myself. keep em near upright and rolling.. takes 1 135# person.. :)

soundguy

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #6  
Just a question about wheels if someone can help I have a 9n with rotten rear tires I found some same size turf tires and wheels from a mihandra will the rims work any help would be appreciated

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #7  
your post is devoid of useful information.

all but the earliest 9n rear centers are made to bolt to a loop or hat style 6 bolt 28" rim.

what does the mahindra have for rear rims?

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #8  
keep the tires upright and roll them. i move those 16.9x24's by myself as well 14.9-28's by myself. keep em near upright and rolling.. takes 1 135# person.. :)

soundguy

I had a 16.9 x 28 loaded to the max tire I rolled around about four times, almost dropped a couple of time. Then I finally got smart and moved it the easy way with the forklift.

Kirk

Attachments

• 100_3590_zps1lf8cy6n[1].jpg
    100_3590_zps1lf8cy6n[1].jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,698
   / Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #9  
16.9-28 is a bit too huge. I did 14.9 , but that was max for me, and if they started to go, I let em :)

Now? loader all the way baby :)

/ Proper rear tire size for Ford Jubilee/NAA? #10  
that's all the info i have at this time but I think they 13.6 by 28 thanks