NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #11  
Tractorpartsinc.com has the correct part. Make sure its for a jubilee not just naa. Mine will be here tomorrow and ill let you know how it goes.

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #12  
Tractorpartsinc.com has the correct part. Make sure its for a jubilee not just naa. Mine will be here tomorrow and ill let you know how it goes.

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge
Yes! Please let me know. I bought some manuals from those guys. Mine is actually a '54 NAA and not a Jubilee. I just looked at the photo on the website and it does look promising. I'll wait to hear confirmation from you but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Thanks again!

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #14  
and your kit doesn't have a ferroule to fit it?

soundguy

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #15  
Yes! Please let me know. I bought some manuals from those guys. Mine is actually a '54 NAA and not a Jubilee. I just looked at the photo on the website and it does look promising. I'll wait to hear confirmation from you but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Thanks again!

same tractor.. same head...

all jubes 9 a name ) are NAA models.

difference is a 50$ nose badge and a bushing in the clutch, and where they stamped the sn.

the only thing that could be an issue is if your head is from a later series engine.

soundguy

and your kit doesn't have a ferroule to fit it?

soundguy

Not that I can see. My kit (both of them from two different suppliers) came with three identical brass ferroules - all of which are too large (depth) (see previously posted photo of kit). They do fit when using the large adapter nut which also ships with the gauge. I'm assuming this large nut is what allows the temperature gauge probe to work with newer tractors as all suppliers advertise this kit as for Ford 1953-1964 tractors.

Such a simple thing - very frustrating. :(

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #17  
and you are sure there is not a threaded bushing in there still?

soundguy

There does not appear to be anything else that can be removed from the hole. Besides, the retaining nut on the new probe screws in all the way and gets tight. It's just the probe itself that remains loose.

I'm anxious to hear how Goodguy014 makes out with his new gauge.

/ NAA - Problem replacing temperature gauge #19  
The new gauge is the correct one.... The problem with the other gauge is that the ferroules are 1/2 inch (three of them in the kit) they need to be 3/8 inch.

Anyway order the other gauge and your good to go.....

Attachments

• tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 302
  • tractor5.jpg
    tractor5.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 251
Good deal! I have the one from TractorPartsInc on the way. Thanks again for the information!