3000 service info

/ 3000 service info #1  

fowllife

Bronze Member
I want to change the fluids in my '73 3000 8 speed gasser, but I apparently packed my manual in preparation for the move that never happened and now I can find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of fluid type/quantity for the tranny and rear end? And also filter/screen locations? Will the newer all purpose fluid work or do I need OEM fluids?......I need to find that dang book.....Thanks in advance

/ 3000 service info #2  
generic utf as sold at tractor supply and walmart is more than find.( TSC likely cheaper.. and both a warren oil )..

trans is a sump.. and rear end / hyds is a sump

engine oil filter if a spinon is a ph8a fram, motorcraft fli1, napa 1452.. etc. supertech st8a

if a cartridge filter element it's a ch14pl

don't have the quantities on hand.. but figure on getting a 5g pail of utf.

unless you are going to do surgery.. don't worry about the 3pt hyds filter.

if it has ps, there is a filter element there..

soundguy

/ 3000 service info
Thanks Soundguy. I assumed that utf would be fine. I thought that some of the old Ford needed something different, but I doubted mine was that old......I noticed some water in the tranny fliud when I checked it the other day, so that's the main thing that I need to switch out. I figured I might as well do the rear end while I was at it though.

/ 3000 service info #4  
the ford n series originally used a 90wt mineral gear oil similar to a gl1 ( or 3 ) in the common sump.. but that too can be changed to utf if everything is in good working order. ( or ig not in good order.. r&r of the pump and lift cover is about an 8hr job start to finish, and not mor ethan a few hundred bucks as long as it is only cyl, piston, relief and gaskets and some pump parts, not the entire pump or pump and pto shaft.. etc. )

soundguy