/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #1  
Tractor
1953 Ford Golden Jubilee
:thumbsup::thumbdown:

Don7.PNG

Don8.PNG

Don6.jpg

Don1.jpg

I just bought this old 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee, with a blade and post hole auger for $200 Canadian. It last ran 3 years ago. Did I make a good purchase ???? I don't think it will take much to get her running again. We'll see, I guess !

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #3  
Welcome to TBN.

$200 for the package is a great deal! The posthole digger with auger would bring more than that by itself. It's kinda like you paid for a post hole digger and the guy threw in a tractor and blade for free.

There are tons of parts and knowledge out there for the old Fords. Hope you can get it up and running reasonably. In my neck of the woods you would have around $2000 to play with before your costs would exceed the value of the tractor in operational condition.

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #4  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Ford Vintage Tractors Forum. :)

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #5  
yep.. sounds like tractor was free.

have you roleld the engine over or done anything yet? is it free moving or stuck?

I'd soak the cyls in atf oil while working on it.. then expell the oil before starting.

clean and gap the points , change oil, then add fresh fuel.

I started my naa after it sat 7ys with that method.. worked out good.

post back

soundguy

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #6  
You stole it for that price! Congrats!

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee
yep.. sounds like tractor was free.

have you roled the engine over or done anything yet? is it free moving or stuck? ~~~It's free moving ~~~

I'd soak the cyls in atf oil while working on it.. then expell the oil before starting. ~~ I assume Automatic trans fluid ~~

clean and gap the points , change oil, then add fresh fuel. ~~ plugs are gapped, working on the rest~~

I started my naa after it sat 7ys with that method.. worked out good.

post back
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for all the advice. Mice have chewed the insulation off wires in many places ~ KM ~

/ New member intro 53 Ford Gold Jubilee #8  
not an issue. you can wire up an old ford to make it run with about 3' or wire and a handfull of connectors.

soundguy

I want to paint the Golden Jubilee emblem on the front, does anyone have any advice? Where to get the paint or how to. I want it to look as close to original as I can.
~thanks~
KM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::tractor:

not an issue. you can wire up an old ford to make it run with about 3' or wire and a handfull of connectors.

I also want to convert to 12 volt. I found a website with wiring diagrams.
I think it was dennis-carpenter.com I saved it to my favorites so I don't lose it. Looks like a great site for info. I need a service manual too

~KM~