Ford 3500 backhoe

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #1  

Mark53

Tractor
Ford 3500 Backhoe
Hello All,
I just purchased my first tractor (a 69 ford 3500 backhoe ) and I haven't purchased a shop manual yet. Its been very hard to find info on this tractor on the web. Any recommendations on which manual to go with? Can anyone please give me the info and amounts needed for oils(transmission, engine, hydrolic, etc.)
Also is there a aftermarket 3 pt hitch that can be installed after removal of the hoe? The tractor only came with one hoe bucket ( a 24" ). Is the bucket connection universal so I can purchase different sizes or is it model specific ?

Thanks in advance

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Ford Vintage Tractors Forum. :)

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #4  
get the service manual for the 3 series fords.. it should cover your machine.

as for a 3pt lift.. if you want one.. might have been easier to buy a tractor with one. if your cover and whatnot is not setup for it.. i'd find a donor 3000 and strip all the parts from it.. etc.

RickB could likely run you down a list from memorw that you would need for the complete conversion.. but I don't think you want to buy the stuff seperately.. cost too much.. way cheaper to get a tractor with a blown engine or something and strip it.. .. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 3500 backhoe
Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure about the 3pt
hitch conversion. Guess a person has to have 2 tractors to do it all or hire out some of it. Can't aford the new models that have 3pt hitches and can add a backhoe. Thanks again, sincerely , Mark53

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #6  
you don't need a new model.. you can for sure get old ones with 3pt hitches and a rear hoe on a subframe.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #7  
The backhoe buckets are interchangeable in various sizes. As suggested, if the tractor was assembled without hydraulics it will be costly to add it. Many 3500's were built with no hydraulics if they were destined for backhoe installation as backhoes were not generally removed once installed, they tended to be single purpose units if ordered by the dealer that way.

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #8  
yep.. I've ran the cost before..on both the older 4 cyl, and for sure the newer 3 cyl, it's usually cheaper to find a donor tractor with pump and cover and all, than to 'piece' it together.

soundguy

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #9  
The Ford 3500 tractor is the industiral version of The Ford 3000 of the same era. My ford 3500 manual were the same manuals were the same as the 3000. My 3500 was a SOS tranny cant remember the amount of hydro fluid but it was well over a 5 gal pail. close to 10.gal mine had a loader so that took some as well . My tractor came from Ford with 3pt and pto but from what i herd most came without or just pto for highway mowing.

/ Ford 3500 backhoe #10  
Can anyone please give me the info and amounts needed for oils(transmission, engine, hydrolic, etc.)
Congratulations these old fords where tough birds,anyway for Hydraulics,rear end transmission,PS they all take the same UHF,UTF, anything that carries the ford 134D spec will work,use it in all sumps but the engine,as far as the engine goes a good name brand 15w40 is all that's needed.

rear end usually 5-6gals,trans 5 gal,hyd 15-25 gals depending on how much you drain out is a good place to start.

manuals check ebay and your local CL.