8n front in loader options

/ 8n front in loader options #1  

48Ford8n

Tractor
1948 Ford 8n
I know that the 8n is not the best tractor for alot of loader work. However, from what I have read they work good for light loader work. I am wondering what are my loader options for this tractors. I have found one site but the contact number is wrong. Hopefully someone will know if they are still in business or other sources to get loaders for the 8n. We are located in the Tampa Florida area is someone know where their is a used one.

Thanks
Tom

/ 8n front in loader options #2  
soundguy is in your area send him a pm he might have one or know where ones at i have one but am to far away for you to wont it there really isn't many opition on what loader you can use

/ 8n front in loader options
Thanks for Tue info. Where do you live and what loader do you have for sale and how much.

Thanks
Tom

/ 8n front in loader options #4  
i got your pm and responded, plus will call a couple guys down south i know and see what scares up.

/ 8n front in loader options
Thank you very much.

/ 8n front in loader options #7  
Because the 8n's are such poor loader tractors, yet so popular, there should be a significantly larger supply of old loaders than there is demand. I cant believe you will have to look too hard to find one. I know of 2 or 3 in my own town but I am way up in Upstate NY. Everyone I know who has removed a loader from an n is amazed at just how handy them little tractors are after you peel off all that "baggage". Most of the old loaders I have seen have a bulky frame and just (2) lift cylinders with a manual trip bucket. That type can be powered fully by the tractors own hydraulics. There are a few around that also have (2) additional "tilt" cylinders. To get enough flow for those types, I think you need an auxillary hydraulic pump however. I think it is a real shame to put a loader on what is arguably the best tractor of all time. The #1 advantage of an 8n is it's power to weight ratio, which far exceeds the Jubilee/NAA which replaced it. You give up that advantage when you put a loader on one. A Jubilee or 600 series is a much better choice for a loader and they can often be purchased for less money than an 8n. Parts availability and durability will suffer a bit on those models however, especially on the Jubilee.

/ 8n front in loader options #8  
there's no big issue with a naa parts availability.

shares trans aprts with the N, and just about everything forwars is a 600 series red tiger setup.

hyds and the actual castings are about the only thing.. and there are plenty of them out there.

early units had a bushing instead of bearing for the flywheel / clutch pilot..e tc. but that can be handled.. etc.

soundguy

/ 8n front in loader options #9  
i do however agree 100% that an N is a margina at best, loader tractor. and witht hat. the front end design that used the radius rods and that kingpin in the later similar ag cghassie models wasn't impressive either..

soundguy