Need help on 8n push button starter switch.

/ Need help on 8n push button starter switch. #1  

Dan Reyes

Tractor
Gravely com10a, Ford8n
My wire that goes to the push button switch broke just before the switch. Does it go to the regulator, relay ? I need a quick fix before snow hits on Weds. Like to run a new wire. It's hard to tell in shop manual pic. Going to order a new harness in the spring time Thanks for looking c

/ Need help on 8n push button starter switch. #2  
the wire that goes to the trans push button switch simply runs to the small 3rd terminal facing the block on the STARTER RELAY.

be warned. that lil broke wire end, if it contacts ground / frame will make the starter turn over even in gear and key off!!!!!

disconnect your battery immediatly, then run a new wire.

2 minute fix.

soundguy

/ Need help on 8n push button starter switch.
Thank you for your help I put a new wire in and bought a battery at Jerry's. Any advice on were to to get a new wire harness?

/ Need help on 8n push button starter switch. #4  
There is not a lot of wire to a 8n. If you do not know how to do reading of schematics or wiring diagrams, check with local school, possibly FFA members would like to take a project on. You could just google wire harness for 8n and probably come up with one.

/ Need help on 8n push button starter switch. #5  
tsc sells wire harni, as well as most online parts palces that sell parts for these machines.

ytmag.com.. etc

heck.. even the cnh dealer does.

i havn't bought a harness in 12 ys.

black tape, wire terminal ends, and some colored 14awg wire ( usualy flat 4 trailer wire ) is what I make mine out of.

as was said.. there are pitifully few wires on an ford from 1939-1964

soundguy