Ford 8n vs 2000

/ Ford 8n vs 2000 #11  
if it has the original holley carb.. they are pretty darn economical on gas.. though replacement zenith carbs maydrink fuel pretty good...

soundguy

Mine has the original Holley.

ODOT bought new Ford 4000 gassers in '74. My mowing partner at the time got one. We'd usually average 6 hrs. a day mowing. The IH 544 I ran would mow easily on 15 gallons of gas, in that 6 hrs. Herb needed to have 20, to get through the day, and put in an extra 5 at lunchtime, or you could count on it running out of gas about 2:30 in the afternoon.

Both had 5' belly mowers. The only difference mine had a Danco, his, a Sun Master.

/ Ford 8n vs 2000 #12  
HOLLY CARBS HAVE ABOUT A 500 HOUR LIFE SPAN, AND CAN BE A REAL HEADACHE, FLOATS ARS ADJUSTED BY 1/64 INCREMENTS, BOUGHT A ZENITH FOR MINE, fORD AND nEW hOLLAND NOW REPLACE THE hOLLEYS WITH zENITHS

/ Ford 8n vs 2000 #13  
We don't know if it is a 3 cylinder with a 6 volt battery in it, a 3 cylinder 2000 with a 12 V battery in it that you think is a 6 volt because it has 6 cells, or an earlier 4 cylinder 2000 that would be correct with a 6 volt battery, but is not a 1965. Very difficult to give you pricing info based on that. If it has decent tires and he will take $1000 for it, you probably can't get hurt.

I don't mean to insult you with my battery comments, but if I had a quarter for every time somebody posted here asking how to tell the difference between a 6 and 12 volt battery, I'd buy myself a nice breakfast tomorrow.

They stopped building the 4 cylinder models in Sept of '65. Since the "new" square nose model was already out at that time people were buying the newer model. I have a 4000 4cyl 1965. When ever I tell people I have a '65 4000 they always think blue square nose.

Kirk

/ Ford 8n vs 2000 #14  
They stopped building the 4 cylinder models in Sept of '65. Since the "new" square nose model was already out at that time people were buying the newer model. I have a 4000 4cyl 1965. When ever I tell people I have a '65 4000 they always think blue square nose.

Kirk

apparrently you could get a special run of 4 cyl jobs in early 65 as well.

darn good machines....