Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #11  
Post some photos if you can.
Are the tracks ARPS or bombardier?

Kirk

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #12  
I run a log splitter off my 1954 NAA. I bought a Prince hydraulic pump that mounts on the tractor's PTO. Then I installed to fittings on my Ford's internal hydraulic tank (manual transmission area) and used that to supply the fluid. It would have been just as easy I suppose to by an external tank and mount it on the log splitter. My set up works very well.
Nice job resurrecting a ten year old thread

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #14  
Post some photos if you can.
Are the tracks ARPS or bombardier?

Kirk

2013_#5.jpg2013_#4.jpg

I am not sure who made the tracks. They may be ARPS. I know they are not Bombardier. They are all steel. I did track down the original maker of them about 10 years ago and bought out what little inventory they had. I think I got 3 new pads and about 70 - 100 links. I believe they were a Wisconsin company and when I bought those parts 10 years ago I believe they had been recently bought out by a company in Texas.

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #15  
They are ARPS. They look good on your NAA. You might want to consider straightening the radius rods out and replacing the axle pin and bushing before the axle gets all waddled out.

Kirk

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #16  
I run a log splitter off my 1954 NAA. I bought a Prince hydraulic pump that mounts on the tractor's PTO. Then I installed to fittings on my Ford's internal hydraulic tank (manual transmission area) and used that to supply the fluid. It would have been just as easy I suppose to by an external tank and mount it on the log splitter. My set up works very well.

i hate to tell you this.. but the transmission is NOT the hyds sump on an naa.

the hyds sump on a NAA is SEPERATE from the trans, and SEPERATE from the rear end.

i hope you ar enot overfilling your trans and making for a leaking input shaft seal.. and I hope you are not destroying the trans by running plain hyd oil in it vs utf or gear oil.

lastly.. i hope you have suction filters on your log splitter so you are not sucking up metal particles from a gear case into your pto pump and valving.

Might pay to buy a manual for your machine so you can be more familiar with it.

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #17  
i hate to tell you this.. but the transmission is NOT the hyds sump on an naa.

the hyds sump on a NAA is SEPERATE from the trans, and SEPERATE from the rear end.

i hope you ar enot overfilling your trans and making for a leaking input shaft seal.. and I hope you are not destroying the trans by running plain hyd oil in it vs utf or gear oil.

lastly.. i hope you have suction filters on your log splitter so you are not sucking up metal particles from a gear case into your pto pump and valving.

Might pay to buy a manual for your machine so you can be more familiar with it.

I am pretty meticulous when it come to care of my equipment and maintenance. I have the original owners manual along service manuals. I may have mis described the description where I tapped into the tractor. I am definitely tapped into the hydraulic reservoir on the tractor, not the manual transmission fluid area. There is also a filter on the pick up line inside the tractor's reservoir tank to filter any possible debris out from getting into the PTO pump and the log splitter. I also have a remote spin on filter system on the log splitter.

I have since added a reservoir tank directly on the log splitter last summer after I bought my John Deere 3320. Now when I switch the log splitter back and fourth between the 2 tractors the tank is on the log splitter and then I use the PTO pump to power the splitter.

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #18  
I just saw an entire kit for one for $200. Guy explained it to me but I didn't listen real close staring at something else I wanted. He pulled it from one and it was complete bolt on deal. Now that I'm thinking about that I need to see if the wheel weights are available still that had my attention.

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #19  
I am pretty meticulous when it come to care of my equipment and maintenance. I have the original owners manual along service manuals. I may have mis described the description where I tapped into the tractor. I am definitely tapped into the hydraulic reservoir on the tractor, not the manual transmission fluid area..

just checking.. because you said hyd resv / tranny... and the two are not the same on a NAA.. :)

/ Remote Hydraulics on Ford NAA #20  
just checking.. because you said hyd resv / tranny... and the two are not the same on a NAA.. :)

Thanks for the heads up. It would be an easy mistake for many people. I got my words garbled around as I was typing.