Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000 #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Has anyone converted their 3 cyl. Ford, to a spin on oil filter..?? Seems like it would be a lot handier, and more economical to do.

Since the new gaskets for the old cartridge type come folded over in it's little plastic envelope, lets just say, last years oil change got expensive... :mad: Even though I pressed the new gasket in between two pieces of 3/4" plywood, with ample weight and time to flatten, it still managed to barf about 3 qts. of Rotella on the shop floor, before I got it shut off.

Never had that problem when they came with the filter in the box, and were nice and flat....

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000
Yeah, I looked it up yesterday, and saw the price. Next question was, if anyone had used one of the aftermarket ones, and if they had any problems.

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000 #4  
Have one i bought off e-bay in the basement. Looks like it will be fine...may not use the filter that came with it, but the hard parts look ok.

Here's the item # of one like I bought: 380414318391

The cheapest one on-line, and seems to look ok. Will know in the spring.

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000
Thanks..!! Actually, that is the one I was looking at. I'm thinking somewhere I read where you use the Fram PH-8A with these. More then likely be a Wix going on there though.

Not getting too excited about changing oil, until everything gets done going through the "sweats".

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000 #6  
Thanks..!! Actually, that is the one I was looking at. I'm thinking somewhere I read where you use the Fram PH-8A with these. More then likely be a Wix going on there though.

Not getting too excited about changing oil, until everything gets done going through the "sweats".

PH-8A will cross back to the 86546614 I menationed. NAPA 1452 is another.

/ Spin on filter conversion for 3 cyl. Ford 2000 #7  
i'd use a 1452 before the ph8a.. :) but if on a diesel.. i'd get the oem filter. Might not be much different.. but the might think so :) :)