Jubilee oil pressure

/ Jubilee oil pressure #1  

Guesseral

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841
Good morning gentleman. This is my first time in the vintage area but I need some help. I just got done replacing the engine in my Jubilee, I have done several of this style tractor but this time I have a problem I never ran into before. I have been taking my time during the winter (nothing else to do) replacing parts cleaning painting and so on, I replaced the block with a rebuilt block from an engine machine shop because the original one had a crack between the left side water drain plug and the oil filter, I guess my dad had let it freeze at one time. They did all of the normal stuff, crank sleeves pistons bearings cam and what not. Well last night I started it for the first time and everything was great (after I removed and changed the distributor from 180 deg out I hate when I do that) let it idle at a low idle for the oil pump to prime up about 15 to 20 seconds. Thats when I realized I had a problem, the oil pressure shot right up it went to 80 lbs I lowered the idle even more and got it down to 60 lbs but that's the lowest it will go. I have started the tractor several times at that low idle and 60 lbs is what it has. I have never had a problem with the oil pressure on this tractor, and I reinstalled the old pump all I did was to clean it out and replace the gaskets. Can an oil pump go bad to the opposite direction, I mean when they go bad they usually loose oil pressure not gain right. Could the pressure releif have gone bad, it should be running at 40 to 50 lbs if the spring lost it's spring strength wouldn't it have lost pressure? Could there be a clog in the block (god I hope not) but if there were a clog wouldn't the pressure relief valve kick in? Well I hope someone has an idea on this.

/ Jubilee oil pressure #2  
already answered in your cross-post.

/ Jubilee oil pressure
Well atleast you answered, so many have look and you are the only one to respond. Thanks I feel better now. :laughing: