A new NAA project now someday a new loader

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #121  
The latest...The head was slightly warped so I took it to the local machine shop. It is flat now but in the process he found a crack in the head. It is about 1/2 inch long and starts at the number 2 cyl exhaust valve. :thumbdown: That is just the one he can see. He is going to magnaflux it to see if there are other cracks to contend with and if the visible one extends down into the combustion chamber. Best case I'm looking at having the one crack repaired, worst case it is now a boat anchor.

I've got calls into the local tractor junk yard, and the guys at NAPA are poking around to find one.

If anyone has a good head with 7/16 bolt holes they want to sell me in the greater Salem Oregon area, (or at least in the PNW) shoot me a PM.

My Felpro gaskets got here today.

have you looked on ebay? i got a reman one for a friend last year.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #123  
Made up a quick ballast set up comprised of my 3pt forks, a pallet, and a filled plastic 55 gallon closed barrel. (Tried loading a pict but the app keeps crashing). It worked well and i was finally able to back off with a full loader bucket. Got two truck loads of manure moved.
Tomorrow i hope to run the tiller through it but i'm unsure if i need an over running clutch adaptor. The tiller has a slip clutch and the shafts mate. I do need to shorten it to avoid bottoming out the shaft.

I just got done shortening a shaft this weekend, my brothers 2000 has an overrun clutch and the shaft on the mower was just too long. The largest problem was after I shortened the shaft so he could use it it was just too short for me to use any longer I would only have had 4" of overlap on the shaft and that is just way to little of overlap buy he still had 8". So what did I do, I went out and bought myself a new larger mower for my tractor, oh my aching credit card!