A new NAA project now someday a new loader

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #31  
skylarkguy said:
great that's what I wanted to hear. Got any sleeper suggestions for a source of a radiator?

Have you taken your old radiator to a radiator shop to see if it can be repaired? Remember the old ones are repairable - nothing like the OEM crap on most things today.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader
Yeah I took it to an old guy in Corvallis OR, (Last radiator repair guy in Benton county), he said he could fix it but it would be a really questionable outcome. The radiator has been worked on several times in the past, some repairs were better than others...long story short there isn't much left as a starting point. I'll probably break down and buy a new one, but if I could find one local and in decent/repairable condition I'd go that route. Trying to do this on a tight budget can get hard.

by the way where is Buckner MO...I went to school in Kirksville...last class to graduate as NMSU

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #34  
skylarkguy said:
by the way where is Buckner MO...I went to school in Kirksville...last class to graduate as NMSU

Small world! I was born and raised in and around Kirksville. Married a gal from LaPlata. We still have family in the area. Wife and I both went to NMSU!

We live in the outskirts of KC, east of Independence. We have been down here for 25 years or so, but make it back to Kirksville fairly often to see family.

What made you choose Northeast?

picked Northeast because oddly enough is was a better value than the Illinois schools (the state I grew up in). I didn't really know what I wanted to do when I grew up, perhaps I still don't, but all in all it worked out. I liked kville enough but was kind of sick of school by the time I left there in 1995. I passed through on my way west about a year later but haven't been back since...

SG thanks for the info...

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #37  
skylarkguy said:
picked Northeast because oddly enough is was a better value than the Illinois schools (the state I grew up in). I didn't really know what I wanted to do when I grew up, perhaps I still don't, but all in all it worked out. I liked kville enough but was kind of sick of school by the time I left there in 1995. I passed through on my way west about a year later but haven't been back since...

SG thanks for the info...

It has changed quite a bit since '95. Along with the name change, they cracked down on admissions, now known as Harvard of the Midwest. (Not my definition).

They have built and remodeled most every building on campus. The town hasn't changed much.

That's funny, that Harvard of the Midwest was just starting as I was getting to the end. Primarily about marketing IMO. I'll have to get back there someday to look around.

Back to tractor stuff...still moving ahead albeit very slowly. Taking lots of time to clean threads etc.

Here is the latest. I found a radiator. It is totally original (not aftermarket) and the story goes it came from a stationary power unit that had less than 10 hours on it. It is almost a museum piece:). It came with a shroud too. I had the local radiator guy check it out and it checks good. ( May have to have that guy fix something soon though). So that's the good news.

On less happy front my manifold is cracked. The crack runs right through the second bolt hole from the rear. I'm feeling like i might just try to use it anyway. Perhaps put an extra large washer on it and bolt it down. Alternatively I could try to find someone to weld it (my welding skills aren't up to that just yet). Or begin to chase parts again:(

It is getting there...perhaps by the weekend?

Here are some more picts IMG_2013.jpgIMG_2009.jpgIMG_2010.jpgIMG_2012.jpg

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #40  
i'd run the manifold as is with a large hard washer or piece of 3/16 plate cut into a washer / tie plate