'69 ford 4000

/ '69 ford 4000 #1  

Varmint1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1010, JD 970, Farmall Super A,Komatsu D20A-5,Ford 4500,Ford 4000 forklift,Ford 640 w/703 loader
I just got finished rebuilding the 201cid engine for my 4000, bled the fuel system and cranked till I got the air out and tightened the lines up. I'm not getting any fuel smoke while I crank on it, replaced the injectors with new ones. Do I have a problem with the injection pump? If I give it a small shot of starting fluid it starts rite up, I don't like using that crap to start an engine.

/ '69 ford 4000 #2  
I just got finished rebuilding the 201cid engine for my 4000, bled the fuel system and cranked till I got the air out and tightened the lines up. I'm not getting any fuel smoke while I crank on it, replaced the injectors with new ones. Do I have a problem with the injection pump? If I give it a small shot of starting fluid it starts rite up, I don't like using that crap to start an engine.

Did you bleed the pump itself? Did you bleed the injector lines at the injector end?
If no to either question, repeat the bleeding procedure correctly in the listed order.
If yes to both questions, repeat anyway.
Make sure the battery is fully charged so the required cranking speed can be achieved.

/ '69 ford 4000
I've bled the system at the pump and injectors numinous times and the same thing, I even pulled the little screen on the inlet of the pump and cleaned it. I forgot to mention that the tractor had sat up for years that the reason I had to rebuild the engine, # 1 cylinder was stuck, thanks for the info

/ '69 ford 4000 #4  
pull start it.. then run it around a bit.. ( alot )..

then shut her down and see where you are at.

/ '69 ford 4000
Yesterday I finally got my injection pump back, didn't have time to work on it then stayed in the hay field till after dark. Today I installed the pump primed the system and cranked the engine, started in no time, let it run for a moment shut off and started again with no problem

/ '69 ford 4000 #6  
cool deal

/ '69 ford 4000
Does UTF go in the transmission and hydraulic system on the '69 ford 4000

/ '69 ford 4000 #8  
yep.. power steering too...