One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #1  

jeff pk

Silver Member
Tractor
1960 Ford 641 1957 Ford 860
I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm thinking of buying a loader with attaching brackets and hydraulic hook-up from a 5 speed 3000--not sure the year to put onto my 57 860. I took some photos of brackets and the loader today. One obvious difference is it seems the hydraulic pump on the 3000 is on the other side.

Thanks...

Attachments

• Aft bracket all.jpg
    Aft bracket all.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Aft Bracket Top.jpg
    Aft Bracket Top.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Fore bracket Attachment.jpg
    Fore bracket Attachment.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Fore Bracket.jpg
    Fore Bracket.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Loader.jpg
    Loader.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 441
  • Aft Bracket Bottom.jpg
    Aft Bracket Bottom.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 230
   / One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #2  
the brackets for the 3000 will be useless on the 800 series.

also.. the laoder for a 3000 has a short 3.5" connection box.. the 800 needs a 5.5" connection box for happiness.. with the following exceptions.

there is a reare offset bracket for the 00 series that lets a 3.5" box set correctly.. they are so rare.. you will find it eaier to turn lead into gold. or.. you can mount hte loader canted at a slight angle.. it's a tight fit.. but I've done it 2 times on working tractors.. still use both of them. laoder bucket just angles a lil bit in front of tractor.

that said.. you need the brackets for an 00 sereis. they are getting harder and harder to find every day.

you might be able to swap your 3000 brackets for some 00 brackets.

ps.. where'd you get a 5spd 3000 :) should be 4, 6, 8 or 10 :) and or a weire reverser with a couple combinations.

also.. pump location makes no difference... the hyd 3x5 connection port is under the right side of the seat on all of them.. :) same valve fits an 00 as a 3000

i got probably 8 of those 1-arm laoder if not more in parts usually at any one time.. :)

soundguy

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860
Thanks Soundguy---that info is just what I needed. I guess I'll pass on the loader---unless you or someone out there wants to swap 3000 brackets for 800...

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #4  
i could probably come up with a spare set of brackets.. however.. you'd be better served finding a 5.5" box model for your 00 machine as the 3.5" box model will not set square in front ( but WILL attach with a bit of persuasion.. ;) )

I'll see what I have kicking around in the spares bin.

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860
Confused about what "box" is refering to. Is that part of the loader design?

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #6  
notice onthe side of the laoder upright is a rectanglar protrusion with a hole in it. that hole engages the nub of the tranny side bracket, then a pin goes thru the side of the box, and a hole in the nub, and out the other side of the box.

on the 3 cyl machines the box is short.. 3.5".. on the 4 cyl machines.. the box is long.. 5.5" you cancoax a 3.5" box on a 4 cyl machine.. but it takes a mod to the lower bracket, and a lil help installing the laoder as you have to angle the loader in a bit at the front.. so instead of the laoder bucket edge being parallel to a line across the front of the tractor.. it is slightly closer a the far right corner due to the geometry being a hair off.

there is also an offset bracket to use a short box on the 4 cyl.. however it's so rare it might as well be a myth.. :)

easier to actually weld / extend the box of a 3.5 to 5.5 or mount it out of line a hair then dink with the already hard to obtain brackets and find even harder to obtain ones.

as a side note.. the brackets for a row crop are easier. front and lower on both rowcrop and agg 4 cyl can be torched.. the hip bracket is cast and has compound curves and has to clear steering arms on the ag model so is very hard to dupe.. though i have seen it done with a bush hog blade that had similar curves.. then was worked over with a torch and sledge hammer and shop press.

a rowcrop would be even easier.. as there is no steering arm on the right to deal with.. so torching and beating to fit a bracket for a 55-64 rowcrop would be much easier...

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #7  
I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm thinking of buying a loader with attaching brackets and hydraulic hook-up from a 5 speed 3000--not sure the year to put onto my 57 860. I took some photos of brackets and the loader today. One obvious difference is it seems the hydraulic pump on the 3000 is on the other side.

Thanks...

Jeff thanks for making this detail post with pics so many years ago. We purchased a 3000 diesel Ford tractor last year and last week we found and brought home a one arm bandit (711 19-385) that was on a 3000 diesel two owners ago but the last owner had to modify the front support arm to work on the gas version. We were sucking air as to where it was to be mounted and how to find the correct angle to weld the cut support arm to work as it came OEM configured. The bucket on the FEL needs some attention but over all for a 50+ year FEL it is in OK.

I hope you were able to come up with a FEL on a tractor.

Thanks again.

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #8  
Here is a couple of photos of the offset bracket you would need to mount the short box on to your tractor. Next would be the rest of the brackets you would need for the utility tractor. These can be fabricated pretty easy. The next bracket was used with the long box, either style bracket. Measuring the box, put the ruler against the tube part on the frame and measure to the end.
So for the hundred up to the early thousand series if you have the long box you would need the flat style hip bracket. If you have the short box you would need the offset style bracket. The other brackets would be the same for either box.

Kirk

Attachments

• 100_0950Small.jpg
    100_0950Small.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_0948Small.jpg
    100_0948Small.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_1948_zps9ff916b3.jpg
    100_1948_zps9ff916b3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_3818_zpszyravb7d.jpg
    100_3818_zpszyravb7d.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 65
  • a257022.jpg
    a257022.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 62
   / One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #9  
Here is a photo of the hard to find hip bracket that Soundguy mentioned. This will allow you to attach a 3 1/2" box loader onto a 4 cylinder tractor.
Jeff pk, if you don't mind, where is this one arm loader you were looking at?
I'm kinda, sorta, maybe thinking about adding ine of these loaders to my 4200.P1060003-2.JPG

/ One armed Bandit from a 3000 to an 860 #10  
nice addition!