A Little Help/Advice Needed

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #1  

yuke

Hi folks,
My 41 9N started to drip a little oil from the bottom of the oil filter housing. I noticed the nut that holds the oil line to the housing was cracked. So I took off the filter housing but don't see how to replace that nut. Not even sure where to get a new one. I am now out commission until I get this resolved. Anyone had a the same trouble or know of an easy fix?

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #2  
This is how I fixed it

Spinonfilter.jpg

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #3  
   / A Little Help/Advice Needed
Yes I see. I have the old set up without the governor oiling. A Tee on the right side of the housing and a small elbow draining back to the block. It is a brass captive nut that the elbow screwed into. I'm not getting a good feeling about this and I don't want to get too involved with this Ford anymore. Guess I'll have to come up with another "backwoods rig" to get her going again. She's only 15 years older than me but I feel like we are the same age these days.

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #5  
I'd not let a VERY simple to handle leak get the best of me.

if I was flat strapped for cash or simply hated the machine and would not put a dime into fixing her.. I'd just wire wheel the damaged area clean, flux the crud out of it and silver solder it up....

Thanks Soundguy. You are a great resource on these N's. I may have to do that. That bottom fitting is different than mine so I'll have to do a little re-piping. I have an idea that might get me going again for now. Bout a 50-50 shot.

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #7  
again.. if nothing else.. cut and union after soldering up the bottom.

Going out in the shed to round up my braising kit for tomorrow. I hope there is some silver solder left so I don't have to run to town. Just got a call about a 540 International for sale. Why do they do this to me? Trying to catch me in a weak moment?

/ A Little Help/Advice Needed #9  
wire wheel clean.. then use lots of paste flux. the more the better..

Here is the fix. Ran to town for silver solder and a mapp gas bottle this morning. Trying to solder the cracked nut proved to be something a cracked nut would do. I had to run back to town and buy a brass compression nut and drill it out to fit over the flange. Brazed it fast to the housing. All in all it took most of my day. I did get the road graded as it was in bad shape IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpgafter last night's storms. The UPS guy was impressed. Smooth as as race track now he said.