Ford 801 Industrial shift problem

/ Ford 801 Industrial shift problem #1  

jpm1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST
My Pastor has an old 801 Ford industrial, he thinks around a 64 or 65 ish gasser with a loader on it. He says the shift fork come undone in the transmission so it doesn't shift. Guess the cover of the transmission has been off by a neighbor. It is on the back side of a hill and about 18 miles from my place. I haven't seen it yet and its to far to haul home with my tractor to work on. Has anyone got a diagram on how this assembly goes together or any advice on this problem. I'm a bit reluctant to dive in on this without knowing how it was supose to have been put together, guess in getting to be more of a coward in my older age. Please PM me with any diagrams. Thanks . . .John

/ Ford 801 Industrial shift problem #2  
naatrans.jpg850transm.gifa manual will be handy to look at if you are going into it.. however.. if a fork has slipped on a rail.. there will be witness marks.

she a 4speed?

pry into gear and drive to a barn...

you can hit cnh website and get parts diagrams.. here's a diagram of a 5spd.. and of a 4spd in a naa.. the naa trans is slightly different than the 00/01/000.. but it functions the same with respect tot he rails and forks and sliding gears