searching for help:)

/ searching for help:) #1  

melindashort63

Tractor
1952Ford8N
Hi...My name is Melinda. Thank you for being here...Mom and I need some assistance :) My Dad recently passed away and he has left us with a 1952 Ford 8N Tractor with 4 seperate attatchments...We know what we have could be used by someone with a bit of property,(mom is selling). Our dilema is we have no idea the actual value... :D When you can compose yourself from laughter please send me a little advice :) Thanks again for being so close...Oh by the way,We are in Northern California :)

/ searching for help:) #2  
Sorry about Your fathers passing. Go to your local craigslist use search field and look up what they are selling for in your area. Tractors tend to bring more in the spring. Here is what tractor only sells for in my area. If you have a question as to what the implements are post a pic we'll tell ya.Tractor - 8N Ford '49-52

/ searching for help:) #3  
www.tractorhouse.com lets ya list 1 time, list the ford with implements with pictures.
Craigslist > Cities list there

get some pictures and post them of the tractor and implements. here on the forum.

/ searching for help:) #4  
Hi Melinda, Sorry about your loss. Look up your machine on Craigslist with the following string in google : 1952 ford 8n site:craigslist.org
once you figure out the name or type of implement you can do the same search with their names i.e. : 5ft brush hog site:craigslist.org
This type of searching will tell you what these things are selling for and will help you price accordingly.
You can also try something like : SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. where you put in your zip and the item name and it will give similar results but I find that it's loaded with adds, sometimes fails or just doesn't come back with as much as the initial search method listed above. Sorry..hope I didn't confuse you, just trying to give you all the tools you need to get the job done.

/ searching for help:) #5  
melindashort63 said:
Hi...My name is Melinda. Thank you for being here...Mom and I need some assistance :) My Dad recently passed away and he has left us with a 1952 Ford 8N Tractor with 4 seperate attatchments...We know what we have could be used by someone with a bit of property,(mom is selling). Our dilema is we have no idea the actual value... :D When you can compose yourself from laughter please send me a little advice :) Thanks again for being so close...Oh by the way,We are in Northern California :)

Hello Melinda, I' m so sorry for your loss. Let me say thank you for asking the community here for help with such a stressful mission. Tractors are no different than classic cars. Their value is directly related to it's condition. If your mom knows some history of it's use would help with your research and final appraisal. If you can find an old friend of your dad who would check the tractor to check to see if it's mechanically fit for resale. Those tractors are classic and highly collectable and many are still being used daily. You can start by grading the tractor in appearance, mechanical condition and reliability.

Use the internet as an aid. Use eBay, craigslist, and numerous tractor sales websites. Be wary of people who will try to resell for you or try to scam you out of money. Don't rush into it and do your homework. Use the internet like your wanting to buy a tractor just like your dads in every way, including all extra equipment. Take alot of pictures of the old tractor to share his memories. Take care and good luck to you. -robert

/ searching for help:) #6  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ searching for help:) #7  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Ford Vintage Tractors forum.

/ searching for help:) #8  
post pics here.. describe function.. IE.. does it run.. how well.. oil pressure.. any history.. hyds work?

leaks?

brakes work?

how are tires % wise.. etc.

post back..

/ searching for help:) #9  
Hi, welcome to TBN. Sorry for you loss.
I checked Craigslist using Search Tempest in your area.
There's a nice 1948 8N North of you in the Mt. Shasta area listed for $2500--a price you see frequently on CL and eBay for 8Ns. The 8Ns were made from 1948-54.
Another 8N in Macarthur listed for $2800 including a rear scraper blade.
Hope this helps.