861 oil persure

/ 861 oil persure #1  

mj58

Tractor
ford 861 ferguson to20
Thanks for the advice changed the oil and used 15 40 the presure holds at 50 pounds with the rpms up and at 20 to 25 at an idle wit the motor warmed up one question does any one know who prints a manual that shows how the glowplug system is wired i would like to get it all hooked back up before cold weather sets in here thanks for your help mike

/ 861 oil persure #2  
the service manual should have a wire diagram in the back.. probably has the thermal aid in there.

it's pretty much just a solenoid setup...

/ 861 oil persure #3  
MJ 58

Did you ever find a wiring diagram for your 861? I Have what you need. let me know.

Thanks. Tom

/ 861 oil persure
i do have the one in my it manual but to be honest i can`nt make heads or tails of it i need some thing really easy to understand thanks for the help mike

/ 861 oil persure #5  
there's about 8' of wire in a 861 gasser... you guys are killing me :)

if in doubt.. wire point to point. vreg and genny are self explanatory.

ignition is a series ckt starting with battery, ending with points. has a switch and coil in the middle.

start switch ont he tranny to one of the small terms ont he solenoid.. other small term on the solenoid to the 'coil' side of the key switch.

MUST use the OEM ford 4 post eloenoid.. not a car/truck solenoid.. has to be isolated base.

headlamps are a series ckt starting at battery.. ending at a lamp.. has a switch and fuse inline.. etc.
soundguy

/ 861 oil persure #6  
MJ58,

I clearly understand what you're going through because I had the same problem understanding it as well. Please send me a private messsage and I'll work directly with you until we resolve your issue.

Thanks. Tom

Last edited:
   / 861 oil persure #7  
MJ58,

I clearly understand what you're going through because I had the same problem understanding it as well. If you are OK with the idea of talking via phone I'll be happy to call you, just tell me a number, date and time or you can call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. If we speak live be sure to have your diagram handy.

Thanks. Tom

Tom, It would be better not to put your # on here. PM the person your #. Just saying brother. Just click on his name and click on pm send message. Safer...

Last edited:
   / 861 oil persure #8  
That's good advise and I was leary about doing that but I just want to help him out. I think I will try and edit the reply and remove my number.

Thanks. again. Tom

/ 861 oil persure #9  
Longhairlimy,

Would you please edit your reply and remove my number or delete your posting. I've learned a valuable lesson.

Thanks. Tom

/ 861 oil persure
thanks guys i realy wish it was a gas job but this one is diesel and it has been messed with a lot or so it seems to me my cousin has a diesel 960 but it has been changed around too it works like it is i guess i just like things the way it was made have a good day mike