air in hydrolic pump

/ air in hydrolic pump #1  

park910

Tractor
1958 ford 641
Have a 58 ford 641 When i raise the 3 point hitch it lifts eratic. Called my Ford dealer he said i need to bleed air from hydro pump. Any ideas how to do this???? I changed my hydo fluid added 8 qts according to manual,raised 3 poin which lifted fine, but when i added weight to 3 point it raises but lifts erratic. checked the dip stick but showed no fluid on stick....added 3 more quarts but still no oil on dip stick and 3 point still lifts eratic..I need HELP. Thanks

/ air in hydrolic pump #2  
2 things so far.

1, take a black magic marker and completely obliterate the tel # of the dealer that told you that you will have to bleed the hydro pump... it self bleeds as it cycles oil thru and to sump.

2, so.. you've got near 3g fluid that you've put 'somewhere'

where'd you put it.

impossible to put in 3g fluid in the hydro sump and not see it on the stick.

the fillport to the hydro sump is on the left side of the hyd top cover, under the seat, under your left leg.

you didn't put it in the tranny did ya? the big hole by the shifter?

or you didn't put it in the rear end did ya? the big hole, aft of the seat, kinda under your right butte cheek?

post back

/ air in hydrolic pump #3  
I had a 600 split and had to prime when it was back together and had new oil. There is a allen head plug under your right foot under the running board. Take the plug out and run the tractor, Be prepared when it picks the oil up you will get a bath if you are in front of the port. shut the tractor off quickly and install the plug, I do agree with Soundguy there is no way you have that much oil in the hyd system.

/ air in hydrolic pump #4  
you might want to rethink that oil plug area.

there is a plug onthe side of the trans housing by your rigth foot for checking oil level in the trans.. but that is just a sump check... no hyd pressure there.. pump suction and hyd lines run thru base of trans as tubes.

there is a plug on the top/front of the pump head, and another plug on the option cover under the seat you can bleed though.

/ air in hydrolic pump #5  
1, take a black magic marker and completely obliterate the tel # of the dealer that told you that you will have to bleed the hydro pump... it self bleeds as it cycles oil thru and to sump.

:laughing:........:laughing:

/ air in hydrolic pump #6  
i've have seen some pretty bad info from dealers by and by.

that one about the prime / purge actually isn't terrible.. it's just in the situation it's in.. just isn't real helpfull.

I've seen some downright bad/wrong info out there that would cause damage if tried.... makes ya wonder..

/ air in hydrolic pump #7  
This is were the book I had said to bleed. All I know is when it picked up oil there was alot of pressure and a lot of oil coming out and all over me and the floor. I will keep these locations in mind for next time. thank you......

/ air in hydrolic pump #8  
i'd like to see a scan of the page in that book.

that's a non pressurized sump.. that hold on the side of the trans case is merely a level check hole.

hyds run thru TUBES int he base of the trans case.. there is absolutely NO pressure in the trans case at all.