NAA Carb venturi cracks

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks #1  

skylarkguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA
I have the carb off my NAA disassembled and cleaned up and ready to go back together. The venturi piece looks to be bent/malformed and has several cracks in it. The parts suppliers That I've looked at don't show this as a part that is available, so any new piece would have to be scavenged from another carb.
My feeling is that I don't want to put this back into the carb, but perhaps others have run into this and found it not to be a problem. IMG_2030.jpgIMG_2028.jpgIMG_2029.jpg

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks #2  
Try Dennis carpenters, they have good parts

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks #3  
They have them for the 9,2,8 n's for 9.50, the naa carb is just about the same as the n series, give them a call

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks #4  
new ones are usually plastic.

I'd carefully bend that one back out with care to not print the brass or copper it is made out of..a pair of pliers and some scrap thin cardboard may do.. take your time.. work it a bit.

on the cracks.. get them bent true.. then lightly sand to celan.. then solder up.. then file and sand the solder joint smooth

I've fixed many soldering them.. floats and bodies too.

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks
Well, I started trying to fix the old one but it will be a better project for deep winter...I managed to find a new one at the relatively local tractor yard. It is new and it is plastic. Float was out of adjustment but now it looks good. No sign that the float is leaking leaking either.

Bolt it back to the tractor, hook up choke, throttle linkages, and fuel line. Open the fuel valve and carb fills then stops filling, no flooding yet. Pull the choke, crank it over and it won't run...then liquid fuel starts coming out of the carb. :confused:

Disassembly once again, verify the float level, it is good...not sure where to go next. The carb doesn't seem to be atomizing fuel properly to run and the leaking fuel is a mystery.

Frustration clouds are heavy today...

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks
another update...I found a page on yesterday's tractors that said if the main discharge nozzle was bent it wouldn't work correctly. Mine was bent but I didn't want to mess with it the first time. So I took the carb apart again to try to straighten that bugger out...and broke it in half right where the small tube meets the "nut"....one of them days I guess.

Any one in the willamette valley have any NAA parts carbs they'd be willing to let go?

Took out my frustrations by cutting some brush that needed to go...made sure to wear ALL my chainsaw safety gear...

/ NAA Carb venturi cracks #7  
might post at ytmag ford forum