8n wont start

/ 8n wont start
ok i'll have to look at that tomorrow,

Thanks

/ 8n wont start
just to let all know i got the tractor running. the wire from the distributor to the coil was too heavy.

/ 8n wont start #13  
to heavy? that makes no sense? it may have had a bad connection and when you changed it to a lighter wire it cleane dthe connection and worked.

you could have a peiec of 1/0 wire connecting them up.. or a solid ingot of copepr conencting them and it would work fine.

too heavy wasn't the issue.

too bad of a conenction was...

ps.. if that other ford was a 46.. it was a 2n.. or at least the egine was from a 2n...

/ 8n wont start
with the thicker wire i got 0.04 volts at the distributor, with the thinner wire I got 6.12 volts. I dont know what to say?

/ 8n wont start #15  
I dont know what to say?

Bad connection:thumbsup:

Soundguy is right. Wire size dont matter on that.

Anyway...glad you got it running. The 8n's are pretty easy and a good tractor to learn to work on:thumbsup:

How about posting some pics when you get a chance?

/ 8n wont start
ya your right doesnt matter about the wire, its runnng after two years sitting in a field. i'll see if i can get the pics to upload :) $T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGi,BQ,JHzh,)!~~48_35.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!l!FBKg(MdtvBQ,JH(KINQ~~48_35.jpg

/ 8n wont start #17  
Looks like a nice project.

Keep an eye on that front axle with that loader. The 8n didnt have a super strong front end, and has lots of things that can wear out.

Do you know if it has the sherman transmission? (It would have a dog-leg shaped lever on the transmission case just forward of the clutch pedal.)

/ 8n wont start #18  
with the thicker wire i got 0.04 volts at the distributor, with the thinner wire I got 6.12 volts. I dont know what to say?

simple physics.

heaver conductive wire is LESS of a voltage drop than thinner wire of same conductor type.

unless you have magic powers to change those laws.. the reasonable answer was you had a bad conenction and the very ACT of changing out the wire, corrected the bad connection.

remember. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

not every part ever changed in history was a bad part. ;) that's why diagnostic techniques usually yeild cheaper repair bils in the long run due to not repalcing good parts.. :)

glad you got er up.

/ 8n wont start #20  
wrong spot.. that's simple the clutch linkage :)

look up... :)