8n wont start

/ 8n wont start
IMAG0355.jpgIMAG0356.jpg

this is all i can find

/ 8n wont start
I dont think im looking in the right spot, too new at 8n's

/ 8n wont start #24  
last pics were pretty close.

no sherman.. or at least no arm shifter.

only other possibilities are a cable shifter with a big knob ont he dash and a metal sheathed cable like a boat throttle cable going into the top right side of the bellhousing. or another maker shuch as F&T or hupp or other, in which case there would be a lever or arm on the RIGHT side of the bellhousing..

/ 8n wont start
IMAG0357.jpgIMAG0358.jpgIMAG0359.jpgIMAG0360.jpg
here's each side of the tranny. I'll have to take a look in better light

/ 8n wont start #27  
average good old 8N

no aux trannies that I see.. but no biggie. that 4spd crashbox is decently tough as long as you don't try to shift on t he fly..

/ 8n wont start
good to know, I think i got a good deal at 500 bucks

/ 8n wont start #29  
Uh....you got a steal @ $500:laughing:

Yep, no aux. trannys though. I personally like them cause the sherman gives about double the top speed, and I road my tractors frequently, so road speed is important to me.

Since you are new to 8n's (and to save you from asking later) here is a quick crash course:

The lever in the second picture on the side of the rear axle housing (this would be by your right heel) is the PTO on/off lever. Clutch MUST be pressed to turn pto ON, but dont need to be to turn it off.

In pic 4, the small lever you see tucked up under the seat is draft control override.

A couple other pointers incase you havent figured it out, the PTO NEEDS to be turning for the 3PH to raise. The pump is driven off the PTO.

Also, the PTO is transmission driven, so if you ever get something running off the PTO that has a lot of inertia, like a bushhog, and push the clutch to stop, the inertia will keep driving you. You can buy an aftermarket overrunning clutch to prevent this if you ever decide to bushhog with it.

/ 8n wont start
Thanks for the info I was wondering how the the 3 point worked