loader question

/ loader question #1  

kool cat

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 23s
I never had anything with hydralics before just wondering how much hydralic oil should be in the holding tank.
Its a old massey ferguson loader series 99

/ loader question
i should add it is a ford 8n tractor massey loader and a external pump off the cam shaft

/ loader question #3  
off the cam shaft huh.. i bet that is some tricky engineering feed getting a pump on the camshaft.

crank shaft mounted front stinger pumps are what the norm would be for external loader hyds on an 8n.. etc.

the crank is the one that has the pistones attached to it. the cam is that small one that plays with lifters and valves and the dizzy.. :)

on a loader with a fram tank.. or a seperate tank.. if no fill level.. make sure when all SA cy;s are exhausted.. it's near full.. but not so much that it flows over when warm.

lift all SA cyls.. and see how much she drops compaired to compressed cyls.. find the happy spot between to keep from going dry, vs overflowing.

/ loader question
i sure its off the cam but could be wrong.

thanks for the info

/ loader question #5  
if it's an N.. and it's off the cam. I'd love to see it.

cranksahft stinger pumps are the norm.

53+ had a hyd pump on the back right side of the engine driven off the cam...

post a pic

/ loader question
I mean i could be wrong. but its looks afull close:) IMAG0365.jpgIMAG0369.jpgIMAG0372.jpg

/ loader question
the pump sits behind the plate on the frontP1020487.jpg

/ loader question #8  
looks close? really?

/ loader question
I will try to get a better pic tomorrow, more light

/ loader question #10  
8nout.gif8nin.gif

check these out.

hint... the lower one with the big journals and the large round thing with teeth on the back end.

that's the crankshaft :)