rebuliding engine

/ rebuliding engine #1  

mj58

Tractor
ford 861 ferguson to20
heres a question for you guys that have rebulid some engines before all f the parts catologs and web sites dont list cam bearing for old ford and ferguson tractors so i asume they havent got any and my question is when you rebulid one and the cam is worn what do you do to get it back to specs i know you can replace the cam but the block will have worn also this has bugged me ever since i got my to20 any way just something i was wondering about thanks mike

/ rebuliding engine #2  
Cam bearings are such "common items" that any motor shop will have sources based on ID and OD rather than by application.

After installation, cam bearings need to be line bored and sized to match your freshly ground camshaft journals, to do the job correctly.

Check with you local friendly motor rebuilder for details ;-)

/ rebuliding engine #3  
There are companies that do make camshaft bearings for those blocks. You would need to have a machine shop line bore the current bearing surfaces bigger. One you do that, you can replace the camshaft bearings the same way that you would on any engine that came from the factory with them.

/ rebuliding engine #4  
yup.. common way to fix an N block with wide cam bore is to bore and bushing it for a repalceable cam bearing set.

/ rebuliding engine
thanks you all i guessed that was how it was done but it was a guess now i know for sure have a good day mike