FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #1  

rzacc

I have a ford 5000 that needs more hydraulics. Has anyone done a retrofit of an auxiliary hydraulic pump to one of these? What is the best way to go, and what pumps do I consider? Any suggestions? I need at least 11gpm and the stock pump delivers about 6 at max. Thanks in advance.
Ron Z

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #2  
What do you need it for?

And have you considered a PTO pump? They are pricy, but probabally the easiest way to do it. https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catname=hydraulic&keyword=HPPT

Their 5.7 cu in pump will give you a bit over 11 gpm and require under 20hp from the PTO. So it wouldnt be much load on the 5000. Or if you have the 1000 pto, you could drop to a 3.6 cu in pump.

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #3  
ditto.. what's the application?

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION
Gentlemen: THank you so much for taking the time to reply. I never received a notice that I had replies, so I did not respond. I am sorry it's been so long. The tractor is in the same condition as it was. The application is: It's a Ford 5000 farm, with an Easy On loader. The loader likes to have 11 gpm to operate. The stock hydraulic pump is supposed to put out 6-9 gpm. However, after measuring the cycle time, it appears that it's only putting out about 4. I did find a replacement pump on ebay that goes into the tranny, replacing the stock pump, which they claim puts out 23 gm. Any thoughts? Would this do the trick? SOundguy: I see you have a 500 also. How are your hydraulics?? Thanks in advance, and once again, I apologize for taking so long to reply.
Thanks very much.
Ron Z

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #5  
Yea, PTO pump would be a PITA to run a loader with.

Is the loader on the tractor now?? Are you using the stock pump now?? 11gpm is a good bit for a loader to operate with. Running 6 is only going to make it slower. But it would still have the same power.

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION
LD1: Thanks for the reply. The loader is on the tractor now and runs very slowly. Stock pump. Im not sure the tractor is putting out 6- we did calculations with the cycling time and cylinder size, and it says it's putting out about 3-4. if i put another pump with, say 23 gpm potential, like the I found on ebay that is a replacement for the stock pump in the rear azle, would that help? Also, the tilt does not hold: when I let off the lever, it falls back down.
Thanks again.
Ron z

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #7  
i dont believe they make a 23 gpm pump to mount in the rear axle of your 5000 you might wont to reread the dicribtion they only way to make your loader run faster is to put on a engine mount pump dedcated for the loader or a pto drive pump

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #8  
why a pita to run a loader off a pto pump? I know many that do it.

when you have live independent pto it is not a big issue.

I'm thinking oe trans pump is about 7gpm.

while it won't break any speed records.. it will run a loader fine for homeowner use..

Yea, PTO pump would be a PITA to run a loader with.

Is the loader on the tractor now?? Are you using the stock pump now?? 11gpm is a good bit for a loader to operate with. Running 6 is only going to make it slower. But it would still have the same power.

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #9  
Not so much a PITA to run, rather a PITA to run anything else with the PTO while the loader (and pump) is hooked up.

/ FORD 5000 AUXILARY HYDRAULIC QUESTION #10  
i havn'tg really seen an issue with running a pto application with a pto pump hooked up?

at work we have some jd 2240 and case ck80? tractors? with front plows and front sweepers... we have the pto shaft extension that does thru the pump and have run hogs and oher devices off them. just lift the loader while pto is in, then shut off pto to hookup other equipment.

if your loader hyds leak.. add cyl locks...

for some machiens you just have few choices for hyds.. and if front is not available for some reason.. say.. due to bolster design.. and onboard hyds are not sufficient.. then you are left with pto.. etc. may not be the best.. but it's better than a poke in the face with a sharp stick? eh? :)