1965 Ford 4500?

/ 1965 Ford 4500?
I bought the tractor for parts but it runs so good I decided to keep it together. A few weeks ago I found this BH so I sold my little Woods 3pt BH to get this one. I don't know why there are 3 lines for this BH?

/ 1965 Ford 4500? #12  
You have a 4400 not a 4500 both the same tractor except the loader front axle steeringbow nose cone and hyd res. For loader backhoe

You have three lines on the backhoe because one i pressure to back the one is your power beyond line which pressures your loader and the other is a return to sump line

Your tractor is the same as a 4000 except you have a solid no adjustable front axle

/ 1965 Ford 4500? #13  
You have a 4400 not a 4500 both the same tractor except the loader front axle steeringbow nose cone and hyd res. For loader backhoe

You have three lines on the backhoe because one i pressure to back the one is your power beyond line which pressures your loader and the other is a return to sump line

Your tractor is the same as a 4000 except you have a solid no adjustable front axle

Very well could be a 4400, that explains the smaller loader:thumbsup:

And city farmer...got any pics from the front, with the loader raised so we can see the front axle and grill??

As to the hoses...Now that whodat mentioned it, I do recall there being 3 hoses now on dads 4500. And on the 3400 I used to have. Since They "came" with the BH from the factory, they supplied fluid to the backhoe first. And then split off the hoe to feed the loader. THat is why you have two pressure lines.

/ 1965 Ford 4500?
Thanks a lot for the help. I'm a lot closer to getting it mounted. I'm going to order the service manual today for the BH. Now, I have to figure out which line is pressure and which one is power beyond, hopefully there labeled.

/ 1965 Ford 4500?
I got the loader & BH service manuals today, I have a 4400 tractor, 735 loader and the 753 BH. The supply for the BH goes on the left of the valve and the Power Beyond is on the right side with the return. I thought that was the way it was supposed to go but I wanted to be positive. Hopefully I'll get it mounted tomorrow while we have a warm stretch. All the hyd. flare fittings are SAE JIC 37 degrees.

/ 1965 Ford 4500?
I got the BH hooked up, everything was going great until I walked away from the tractor. Someone forgot to open the gate valve for the return line and tried to put down the stabilizers, it wasnt me. The pump oring blew and now its leaking oil like crazy. I'll just add that to the list of things to fix. After I fix the pump I'll try running it with the hopes of the control levers will loosen up and stop sticking. Theres something going on with the swing cylinders. When one pushes the other cylinder doesn't pick up the the slack in the chain. I think the problem is in the combination valve. Here's a picture of the old girl, she's not gonna win a beauty pageant but here she is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 3,597
   / 1965 Ford 4500? #17  
Looks nice all put together.

If you think you have valves sticking after I got it where the O-ring was not blowing (we blew on early on too but it was dried out) you may consider dumping in a couple cans of Sea Foam. I would suggest the red version call Trans Tune since it is to have more cleaner in it per NAPA owner who has talked with the son of the inventor. :)

I do run it the last 200 miles in my automatic transmissions before doing a bucket flush. It does not fix broken things but it will clean out varnish build up and the likes.

/ 1965 Ford 4500? #18  
The swing cylinders should never push.

It is pull only. IIRC it is basically like a SA cylinder on a snow plow, only pulling instead of pushing. the force of the one pulling is what causes the other to extend. NOT because it is trying to push.

/ 1965 Ford 4500? #19  
Maybe the swing cylinders have reversed logic at this time?

/ 1965 Ford 4500?
The swing cylinders should never push.

It is pull only. IIRC it is basically like a SA cylinder on a snow plow, only pulling instead of pushing. the force of the one pulling is what causes the other to extend. NOT because it is trying to push.

Yes your right, I should've said pull. The cylinders just sit in there, they would actually come right out if I pulled the link on the chain.