8N or 9 N with flat-head V8

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #1  

Iowan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota's
Are there any members here that have installed the flat head V8 in there 8n or 9N tractors?

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #2  
i havn't.. but if you have specific questions.. there are a few of us her ethat work on the old fords that might be able to help you or steer you toward help / parts.

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #3  
I do remember seeing one with a 6 cylinder setting at the local Ford dealership years ago. Reason for trading in I found out was, he sheared the ring gear bolts off twice, when pulling a 3 bottom plow.

This thread happend to click, when I saw this posting on Craigslist. Ford 8N Funk 6 cylinder Tractor It may be worth it to the right guy, just for the Funk conversion, if wanting a 6 cyl. conversion... Too bad they didn't use Chevy engines, a 454, 8N would look pretty wicked...!!

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #5  
stauffer's V8's is another good source.. can even get some adapter plates from him.. or used to be able to.

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #6  
Thanks for posting the link. That was some interesting reading, and really fantastic photos.

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8
Thanks for the replies,
This something I have been thinking about for sometime, I haven't purchased the tractor yet and I'm not planing on constructing until I retire. I'm told this was a fairly popular swap in the early sixties and that the the V8 8N has a good road speed, in fact one old guy told me that Knoxville Speedway in Knoxville Iowa held races with them. What I'm planing is an 8N with an early street rod flair, mild V8, some chrome supper strait body work and paint and then use it for show and shines and a few road miles just for fun.:D:

Thanks again, Iowan

/ 8N or 9 N with flat-head V8 #8  
If you want to see something neat, Google "1937 Ford V-8 tractor". I saw this many years ago at the Portland, Indiana show, and it sounded soooo sweet... There is a Youtube video of it running. If you search image's, there are several pics of it with the side panels up, showing the engine.

A one of a kind, built by Henry Ford. It was in the Henry Ford museum, but they sold it. Never figured out why they would sell a one of a kind item like that...