Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring #1  

Austingarner2005

Tractor
1953 jubilee
I was reading up a little bit on the tractors, one site had said if you have a 6 volt system on a 8n that the wires on the coil were wired with the + post on the coil went to the distributor and the - was the wire coming from the key switch. Mine is wired +was from the switch and -was going to the distributor. Mine runs good but that site had said you would lose 25% spark energy just wondering if there was any truth to it for my naa?

I had put premium fuel in it and it did not run to good on it, so I drained and put 87 back in didn't know if maybe that was the issue, or if premium fuel wasn't meant to run in them.

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring #2  
those old low compression, low rpm engines cannot benefit in any way from fuel with high octane meant to run in high compression engines.

you do know that the higher the octane, the harder it is to actually ignite the fuel right? the higher the octane you use.. the harder it is for that old 60 yr old ignition system to fire it off. 70's octane was common for these machines.. so put 87 in it and save the 93 for the gasser in the driveway.

coil polarity wireing depends on a few things.

is your machine positive ground or negative ground?

matcht he coil polarity to the battery.

if battery is positive ground.. coil + needs to go to the distribuitor.. etc.

the issues, electrically, is a big resistance ( sendondary ) vs a big resistance plus a small resistance ( primary ). it's technical :)

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring
Mine is 6volt +ground, so I went to change the wires this morning and the terminal broke the top of the coil when I turned it:censored: so I left it alone and ran her most of the day till I noticed the coil juice running out of the coil, pulled the coil and noticed it was a 12 volt coil.....so orileys here I come. Got a 6 volt coil hooked it up + to dis and ran her a little. I'm still having a intermediate rough running, I think might be carb issue. It run like it has a miss then it'll clear up. It starts great hot cold so I guess points and all are good. Has new coil and 437 plugs point looked new wires look like circa 1953

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring #4  
if spark is good, check carb...

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring
What's the basic setting on the carb?

/ Ford jubilee 6volt ignition wiring #6  
on a ms carb i like about 1.5-2 turns OUT on the main needle ( fuel ), and about 1-1.5 turns out on the idle needle ( air ).

rememebr.. fuel is OUT to enrich.

idle is IN to enrich, as it is an AIR needle.