Ford tractor prices up or down?

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #1  

Douglas733

Tractor
Ford 9N, Ford 640, Stihl Farm Boss,
I am from Ohio and moved to southern California and I was shopping for a nice 8n or 800 series Ford and it just blew my mind the prices some of these guys out here want for what they laughably call "restored" tractors. Just wondering what is the highest prices you have heard of a 9n,2n,8n,NAA 600-900 go for. I am seeing them ask for around 5,000-6,000 for runners that have been spray painted and have good tires, but by no means are they "restored." What are some good prices and what should those prices demand of a tractor.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #2  
I would say NO more then $4500 for a perfectly restored one. Around here they are a dime a dozen and don't bring much. A friend was given one that ran and operated, the steering was stiff and the PTO wouldn't shut off other than that it worked good.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #3  
Seems like in my neck of the woods, they typically start at about 900$ for a non-runner/unknown, to the mid 5k range if it works ok and has a loader. Average would probably be about $2200 (but I haven't actually crunched the numbers).

/ Ford tractor prices up or down?
Well...fellas...maybe we should start a business together ....and sell these california raisins some tractors, cause these guys are buying them for top prices. And oh goodness the John Deere prices would just blow your minds.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #5  
Around southern Michigan, the darn things are everywhere. Ford built them here, plus the Ford workers in all the company's facilities, could buy tractors on the "A" plan - payroll deduction. My wife's cousin has a 53 Jubilee tractor that his dad bought new, bought on the A plan. I think they have kind of faded in price - 20 years ago, a nice 8N would sell for as much as 3K. Now I see them at $1500 to 2K all the time. One local guy has one with a flathead V8 in it.

Thats a cool story about how they bought them...never heard that "a plan" thing

Around southern Michigan, the darn things are everywhere. Ford built them here, plus the Ford workers in all the company's facilities, could buy tractors on the "A" plan - payroll deduction. My wife's cousin has a 53 Jubilee tractor that his dad bought new, bought on the A plan. I think they have kind of faded in price - 20 years ago, a nice 8N would sell for as much as 3K. Now I see them at $1500 to 2K all the time. One local guy has one with a flathead V8 in it.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #7  
dont see many but last 8n on auction i saw in it's working clothes but running nice with good tyres made $1300 . last year one running well with some rust made $800

D7E - that's a fair price and up if they are fine tractors...your 1300$ would have been 3000.00 and your 800$ would have been 2500$ here.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #9  
I have see some fair 800's with double clutch 5 speeds in the lower $2000 range and really slick ones around $3000. I had to have a talk with myself as to no need to try to relive the pass by buying one because of the low prices. :D

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #10  
were low here.. but on the rise..