looking for attachments

/ looking for attachments #1  

kool cat

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 23s
i was thing about buying a bushhog for my 8n.
is there any thing i should be looking for, do to being a older tractor? :confused3:

/ looking for attachments #2  
I have a 5' JD brush hog that I use with my 8n. Only thing special I had to get was a spline adaptor that went on the pto of the tractor. Hope this helps.

/ looking for attachments
didnt know if i needed something for gearing the bushhog so it would spin faster

/ looking for attachments #4  
i was thing about buying a bushhog for my 8n.
is there any thing i should be looking for, do to being a older tractor? :confused3:

4-5 ft brush hog and a override clutch and you should be ready to mow. Ken sweet

/ looking for attachments #5  
if your tractor has the older 1 1/8" 6 spline pto.. get an ORC that is 1 1/8 female tot he standard 1 3/8 male for your mower.

grease and install.

make sure the telescoping pto shaft is not too long and bottoms out...

I like to run medium or light duty cutters on an 8n.. mostly due to weight.

howse 5' or KK 5' or kodiak 5' are fine.

if your hyds leak down ( fix them! ) or use depth limit chains that hook to a bracket that pins at the toplink and sets the max drop of the mower. I'd also reccomend a set of under axle swaw bars to keep the mower from swinging side to side on turns.

lil angle brackets mount under the axles using the fender bolts.. uses a piece of flat with holes in it to connect from a pin on the bracket and tot he implement pin.. etc. 1 is ok.. 2 is better..

if your tractor has the updatted 1 3/8" 6 spline pto.. get a standard ORC and use it.

note.. some quick connect orc's don't fit the N short 1 1/8 pto well due to housing size of the orc and interference at the pto bearing carrier where the oem pto cap screwed in.