Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions?

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #531  
try napa.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions?
Thanks guys, I will try after work. My local NAPA seems next to useless, but maybe they will have this.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #533  
Hi Just came to me ,small block chev ,the studs for the fan blades to water pump flange ,5/16 x 1 1/4 coarse on one end fine on the other , early 70's to at least mid 80's. Some rebuilt pumps come with them , so if you know a mechanic who is into older cars he probably has some in his junk(spares) drawer.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions?
Too funny Bruce, wish I would have known that. I called NAPA, Advance Auto Parts, and a local tractor store. All strikeouts -- NAPA and Advance list them all over their website but said they don't have any in stock. The tractor place couldn't be bothered to look. I am going to try and pull the stud tomorrow and have the Advance Auto store go through some of their bins.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #535  
Check at a hardware store

I have some on hand myself, a auto parts store should have them.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #536  
Pork chop Try an automotive machine shop or a Jobber . If I remember right a 6 cylinder single barrel carb stud is the same size (70's ) Bruce

I believe the carter afb to edelbrock manifolds and or holley carb to manifolds maybe the same to , usually have them in the aftermarket performance carb section at, car parts stores- you could also just buy thread stock (fine) and cut it to length use threadlocker screw it into the intake and just use a fine thread nut ...but u should be able to find the coarse /fine stud...

I did check at a Hardware store -- Ace. Checked TSC, NAPA, local tractor place, and Advance Auto. I check out Ace and TSC in person and the other places said no over the phone -- except Advance. I went in there this morning and after searching high and low we found a set that have the right thread pitches but one side is a little long. I think it will fit but if not I will cut some off with my dremel. Hoping to install tonight.

I also have the adapter on order at Advance to plug in to the tabs on the alternator that will allow me to wire it up to start charging the battery (it is a 3 wire). Still need to pick out the right lamp that will go in-line. Thanks guys.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #538  
no adapter needed on the alt. they are just spade terminals.

regual female spade set will plug in.

on the stud. all ou have to do is get threat to match the carb. rest is gravy.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #539  
Any side marker lamp will do just make sure it's a 2 wire jobby, that's what's recommended. If I'm not mistaken the bulb size is a 168.

/ Ford 8N having trouble starting -- many troubleshooting steps take -- suggestions? #540  
168 or a 194 will work.

put in line with #1 from switched power.. and #2 looped to charge stud.