New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #1  

BLS1

Tractor
Ford 2N
Brian from Catlett - I'm picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. Has not run for a while. Traded a riding lawn mower and some cash for it. Decent shape, was used for grass cutting at a church. They don't need it for grass cutting anymore since they have moved to their new facility but needed a riding mower. So we both came away happy with this deal. Can't wait to get it home and work on it..... When it was parked they did allot of things which will help with me in starting up the tractor. Like drained the gas and clean carb. It also has already been converted to 12 volt too.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #2  
:welcome:

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #4  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Ford Vintage Tractors forum.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #5  
buy quart of atf merc/dex 3 and add a few ounces to each cyl and let set.

charge battery..

clean and regap points.. .015 ( no.. hood dowsn't come off to do points.. take dizzy off. )

clean and gap plugs to .025

put plugs i and let set with atf in cyls a day.. pull plugs.. ratate engine over by hand.

do oil change.

grab 6 qts oil.. pull oil bath air filter .. clean cup in diesel.. and media if it looks dirty.. put 1/2 qt oil in oil cup.

drain cranlkcase.. clean drain plug sreen. refill with oil. i'd use 15w40

drain rear end/trans/hyds.. repalce oil with 4.5-5g utf oil.

grease all fittings.

roll engine over with battery with plugs out to expell that atf.

check coolant. if it don't look new.. repalce with somewhere between 50-50 and 70-30.(depends on your climate )

check air in tires.

grease steering wheel hub if it has a zerk.

make sure that the 12v conversion is using a 2.5 ohm 12v sqaure coil and a resistor inline to the dizy.. or is using a round coil conversion with a real 12v coil.

put plugs in wires and check spark.

if good.. turn on gas, put plugs in, and crank her up.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #6  
buy quart of atf merc/dex 3 and add a few ounces to each cyl and let set.

charge battery..

clean and regap points.. .015 ( no.. hood dowsn't come off to do points.. take dizzy off. )

clean and gap plugs to .025

put plugs i and let set with atf in cyls a day.. pull plugs.. ratate engine over by hand.

do oil change.

grab 6 qts oil.. pull oil bath air filter .. clean cup in diesel.. and media if it looks dirty.. put 1/2 qt oil in oil cup.

drain cranlkcase.. clean drain plug sreen. refill with oil. i'd use 15w40

drain rear end/trans/hyds.. repalce oil with 4.5-5g utf oil.

grease all fittings.

roll engine over with battery with plugs out to expell that atf.

check coolant. if it don't look new.. repalce with somewhere between 50-50 and 70-30.(depends on your climate )

check air in tires.

grease steering wheel hub if it has a zerk.

make sure that the 12v conversion is using a 2.5 ohm 12v sqaure coil and a resistor inline to the dizy.. or is using a round coil conversion with a real 12v coil.

put plugs in wires and check spark.

if good.. turn on gas, put plugs in, and crank her up.

That was really good Sound Guy.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #7  
forgot to add.

oil filter is a fram C3 or C3P or a napa 1010

plugs can be any of the following or direct crosses.

al 216 or 437

champ H10 or H12 ( 512 )

many people prefer the AL to champs.. but both make sparks.

the 216/h10 is the OE heat range. the H12 / 437 is a step hotter and works better on this junky exuse for gas we have.

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #8  
Soundguy you should write a cookbook with your post as the opening recipe...."bring a Ford to life"...Bam!

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #9  
Welcome to TBN!:thumbsup:

/ New Member From Catlett, Virginia - picking up a 1947 Ford 2N on Monday. #10  
good luck on the machine