I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #11  
I buried my fan in the radiator of my 8N once when a stray stick got in behind the fan and deflected it into the radiator. I took it out and soldered about 6 or 8 tubes shut on both ends--they're brass and solder well when you clean them up and get the antifreeze off--and no leaks in probably 30 years, also no overheating at all. You can't repair a plastic or aluminum radiator however.
I just don't like throwing things out unless I can't fix them
simonmeridew

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #12  
sound slike the rad in one of my 850's. it has kissed a fan .. and there's more solder on that rad than there is brass.. :)

so much lead it would be illegal to bring in california.. :)

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #13  
sound slike the rad in one of my 850's. it has kissed a fan .. and there's more solder on that rad than there is brass.. :)

so much lead it would be illegal to bring in california.. :)

Yep... the radiator on my (inherited) 9N looks like that! :eek: After many years of plowing through the "pucker brush" hunting moose and caribou that tractor has had more willow, alder and small trees poked in the grill than a Las Vegas showgirl!

AKfish

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #14  
too funny! :)

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #15  
I love junk yards, just to walk thru them is fun.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #16  
i wish we have a good tractor boneyard around here.. I'd spend plenty of time there!

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #17  
i wish we have a good tractor boneyard around here.. I'd spend plenty of time there!

We have one but its way overpriced and you have to walk on sheep crap.Actually two, one guy has only Oliver stuff.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #18  
i had hopes we might hav eone here. there were 2 old tractor mechanincs norht of town.. both had plenty of scrapped machines in their back lot.. but as luck would have it. both guys had health issues and let their sons handle the business.

sone 1 worked for the power co.. and sold the lot to the scrapper. I even told the guy I'd help him part the machiens on the internet.. all he had to do was take the money and I'd ask for a couple of the carcas's in return. nope.

other son for the other guy went to work for the local NH dealer.. and they sold all his dads stuff at the auction and scrapper.. :(

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #19  

I did another road-trip last year from AK to SD. Hauled back some tractor parts (frame rails, main hyd pump, radiator, etc. etc.) for the neighbor's rebuild project on a JD 4430. Went to a tractor boneyard in Corsica, SD. Man, oh man! They had some awesome stuff there! Over 10 acres!

I was on a "time schedule"... and could only spend 4-5 hours there. Liked to have spent a week there.

AKfish

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #20  
Nothing tears up tractors like logging. Just too many obstacles to avoid.

Luckily your tractor is very popular so finding parts should be fairly easy. Good luck