Questions about the year of my Ford 8N

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #1  

Rick230

Tractor
Ford 8N 1950
I noticed the fuel bowl has a very slow drip. I tightened up both lines on the valve but drips still form.

I saw a couple on ebay for $14.24 and $13.20 with free shipping. One of them states the part # is 2N9155B the other states #NAA9155B.

Are these the same part? and is that a good price?

I also noticed that my tractor should be a 1952 according to who I bought it from BUT:

the Serial # is 8N2975XX on the right side of the engine

the distributor is on the right side as well.

If its a 1952 then why is the serial # so low?

Unless they moved the distributor to the right side in 1950?

Now I'm wondering what year my tractor really is?

Is there another way of telling the exact year?

Thanks.

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, after looking at the sites it must be a 1950. I though I had read that the distributor was on the front till 1952 then moved to the side?
I must have read it wrong. Thanks for the information, I'm learning a lot.

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #4  
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, after looking at the sites it must be a 1950. I though I had read that the distributor was on the front till 1952 then moved to the side?
I must have read it wrong. Thanks for the information, I'm learning a lot.

The "new" side distributor engine appeared in mid-1950. Here's two more links with a lot of information about old Ford tractors, including the 8N.

Identifying Old Ford Tractors

Change history '39-'64 Ford Tractors

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #5  
yeah.. you read it wrong. Massey's go tthe right info.

ps.. I'll bet that sn is on the left side of the engine.. above the starter and to the right of the oil filter too.. :) left side would put it near the manifold and carb... ;)

you sure you got an 8n? :)

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N
I guess I need to learn my left from my right. It's on the left by the oil filter.

I might try and change the gasket on that fuel bowl, I'll need to run or drain the gas out first.

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #7  
tsc sells a screen and gasket fort he oe bowl..

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #8  
Yes, 2N9915B and NAA9155B are the same. Either will work from 39-54.

The Ebay price you quoted is cheap - Which may also reflect the quality of the part.

I've had very positive results with parts from Just8N's and the folks are very nice to deal with. You may spend a few bucks more but considering how big of a pain it is to drain/replace/refill if the new part starts to leak, you won't care how much you saved.

The hydraulic pump usually has a plain old date cast into it near the big drain plug -- Will read something like 4-18-50.

/ Questions about the year of my Ford 8N #9  
i like your money to noise tag line.. :)