861 won't lift high enough

/ 861 won't lift high enough #1  

Chris46250r

Tractor
861 Powermaster
My 861 won't lift as high as it should and it goes lower than it should. This started after my grandfather tried to move a roll of hay in real cold weather. What's wrong? My grandfather used it this way for years but I would like to fix it. Can't even lift grader blade high enough to drive up on trailer.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #2  
does it change any if you mess with the draft control?

it's very possible the cam pin ( and maybee cam ) is worn and in need of repalcement, and the internal linkage adjusted using the alternate adjustment method in the shop manual without the use of the nuday tools.

/ 861 won't lift high enough
Nothing changes with draft control. Thanks for reply. I've had a few people say there was an internal adjustment. I just ain't got that far yet. Got a shop manual somewhere. I'll find it and on a warmer day I'll give it a look. Thanks again.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #4  
plan on that am pin.. i rearely see one that DOES NOT need it.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #5  
Mine does not lift high enough, but if I hold up the draft lever it lifts much higher. What does this mean?

/ 861 won't lift high enough #6  
just like I said in post #2

plan on a cam pin.. maybee cam reweld and grind.. and then linkage adjustment using alternate methods in the shop manual without the use of the nuday tools.

most time the cam wears in profile leaving you a witness mark if you weld it up and grind it down.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #7  
Ok thanks. Since the OP's situation did not change with the draft lever, I thought that maybe we had two different problems.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #8  
Hopefully going to finally get that done on my 861 after the tilling is done this spring. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me Chris.

/ 861 won't lift high enough #9  
for you.. it will be easy....you've got some help with the lifting.. which is generally hta hardest part to R&R the 00/01 top cover..