New 850 (new to us)

/ New 850 (new to us) #1  

john2459

Good Morning all,
Just wanted to ask a few questions of the group as my wife and I are the proud owners of a 56/57 850. For all the long term owners, any quirks to keep a eye out for? Is there a power steering kit for it? And If I have an implement that has a requirement for hydraulics are there any remote ports on this beast? Can they be installed afterwards? I appreciate any suggestions, views or ideas in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
John B

/ New 850 (new to us) #2  
You can get single or double hydraulic remotes for it, the plate rite under the front of the seat has to be removed and the control valve bolts where the plate is and congratulation on the new purchase

/ New 850 (new to us) #3  
new dual da remote is about 800 single da is about 400.

used ones about half that.. 'or so'

no real weak spots.

3 and r are across from each other int he same gate onteh shifter and if the bearings get worn.. or the detent plungers.. it will sometimes kick out of 3/4 especially if going down a hill and unloads from the engine... that is from extreme wear. i have one that does it a lil and I bunji it in.. :) it's a beater worker I got for a loader at auction.. too junky to fix. :)

ps kits can be 800-1500$.. uless you get one off a doner.

all the same kits for the ag chassis machines fit from 53-64 red tiger engines.... needs adjsutable ld axle..e tc..

/ New 850 (new to us)
new dual da remote is about 800 single da is about 400.

used ones about half that.. 'or so'

no real weak spots.

3 and r are across from each other int he same gate onteh shifter and if the bearings get worn.. or the detent plungers.. it will sometimes kick out of 3/4 especially if going down a hill and unloads from the engine... that is from extreme wear. i have one that does it a lil and I bunji it in.. :) it's a beater worker I got for a loader at auction.. too junky to fix. :)

ps kits can be 800-1500$.. uless you get one off a doner.

all the same kits for the ag chassis machines fit from 53-64 red tiger engines.... needs adjsutable ld axle..e tc..

Thanks Soundguy!

I appreciate the reply and the points to keep an eye on. So far I have been really happy with it, I have noticed that this particular one is VERY cold natured. It seems to run a little rougher than I would like but I have a carb rebuild kit and tune-up items in route. Mine had a loader with it when I got it (farm hand i think) is the drive shaft from the front of the crank supposed to wobble so much? Anyway I guess that is what gives it the "personality" So I suppose if anyone out there has a dual (would be great) or single remote that they want to get rid of I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for the great answers and info.
John Bennett
johnandtheresa2459@gmail.com

/ New 850 (new to us) #5  
ebay usually has a hyd valve or 2 for sale.

depending onthe coupler style for the front pump.. you MIGHT see wobble.. some use chain.. some are lovejoy..e tc..

if she's a lil cold natured... you can see if enriching the main needle helps a bit.. or .. take a clothespin with you and have it hold the choke closed a hair for the first few minutes while she runs. I do that on that beater laoder tractor. I bought her cheap and work the snot out of her. I cross 2 wires to start and run her. i kinda feel bad about that.. but the feeling passes quickly.. :)