Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum #1  

OrtisEvans

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Farnall Cub, Kubota B2100
I've called a number of places looking for brake drums. A number of dealers list the drum on their web site, but when I contact them, they are sold out. Is there some reason that the NAA/8N drums wear more than others so that there is a huge demand? I assumed that mine are bad because a previous owner wore the shoes to the metal and kept going. Is badly worn drums a common problem?
Thanks
Ortis

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum #2  
tractor drums normally last nearly a lifetime.

i bet even if ran to the metal a bt yours might Still be ok.. up for you to decide.

new cast drums are available vs the original steel drums.

a guy I know and buy used parts from has a 8n drum listed for sale.

honest guy.. .. john smith

Ford Tractor Rear Axle and Brake Parts For Sale

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum
Thanks - I had seen that drum, but didn't know if I could trust the vendor. I have contacted him.

My drum issue is that it is worn so badly in the center of the surface the shoe presses on that I would need to remove a lot of material from the shoe to have it mate up. Meanwhile, if I adjust the shoes so they work at al, they occasionally grab and put me in an unintentional turn - not a good thing. I have chamfered the edges of the shoes a good bit, and still have the issue.

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum #4  
john is VERY trustworthy. I've gotten plenty of parts and advice from him over the years.

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum
I received the drum from John yesterday. I am impressed by the excellent condition, and I hope to install it tomorrow. Thanks, Soundguy

/ Ford NAA/8N Brake Drum #6  
i've never bought something from John that did not arrive at LEAST BETTER than pictured.

he's never once let me down on parts ordered or advice.