Glow Plugs/ Manifold Heaters for a 172 Diesel engine in a 1960 Ford 901

/ Glow Plugs/ Manifold Heaters for a 172 Diesel engine in a 1960 Ford 901 #1  

Jchampiii

Tractor
1960 Ford 971 Select O Speed Powermaster
Hello,

I need to know hat kind of plugs these engines take. I have just purchased a 1960 ford 901 and am doing a mini resto to get her going good again. She ran but i want new plugs. The plugs now look bad and are rusty. Anyways this is what it says on the plug... "Champion AG-5" I cant find those anywhere...

What kind of plugs are people using today in these old tractors? I am interested in getting some new, fresh plugs since mine are probably atleast 20-30 years old. The guy we got it off of let the tractor sit for about 10-13 years. We fired her up but the injection pump needs rebuilt. Diesel fuel was getting through the seal in the pump and into the oil pan. Our stand pipe is 100% good!

Anyways I would just like to know what kind of replacement glow plugs there are availiable for the old 901 Fords.

Thanks,

James

/ Glow Plugs/ Manifold Heaters for a 172 Diesel engine in a 1960 Ford 901 #2  
you can hit the dealer parts website to get an exploded parts diagram with numbers.. etc.