Antifreeze in the distributor?

/ Antifreeze in the distributor? #21  
the no generator / spark is not a very good theory.

ignition draw is a duty cycled 3.5a drain at best.

you should be able to run longer than you have gas tank on a good battery witht hat level of drain.

original N head had no place for a sender. later industrial heads had a flat boss for them IE.. drill and tap.

putting it in the block drain will give you a much colder reading.

I have known people that made up a pipe coupler in the the top hos etha thad a sender fitting in it.

it's really not needed imho..

/ Antifreeze in the distributor? #22  
I agree with SG on the non working generator contributing to your run issues providing you keep your battery charged up.

Here's how I added a temperature gauge to mine:

TempSendingUnit.jpg

Here's a couple of alternatives if you don't have the boss cast into the head:

Alt Location.jpg

Hose Adapter I.jpg

/ Antifreeze in the distributor?
No boss in my head I believe my 2n is mostly all original other than the rubber and electrical. I am with SG on not needing the temp gauge, for all I do which is mowing 3 hours a week I can't justify adding it if it made it this long without one.

I know some will argue that justification though.

However DB that is a nice looking setup on your tractor as well as the alternatives you showed. Thanks for posting them I appreciate it.

John

I agree with SG on the non working generator contributing to your run issues providing you keep your battery charged up.

Here's how I added a temperature gauge to mine:

View attachment 317886

Here's a couple of alternatives if you don't have the boss cast into the head:

View attachment 317887

View attachment 317888

/ Antifreeze in the distributor?
Now what we have all or mostly me have been waiting for. It is 85 here and humid and the grass is twice as high as usual...

I mowed with my king kutter 72 inch finish mower from 4pm to 7:30pm and am happy to report the old girl ran like a champ. Maybe better than it ever has. It never one time acted like she was getting tired.

Thanks to my dad also for being more patient than me and knowing how to braze weld among many other things he can do easily that i cannot. I never learned the trade from him as it was always to easy to have him do it for me and I regret that.

Also thanks to all of you here for the help and advice. I am sure I will have lots more questions down the road. I hope someday I can help somebody here instead of always being the one needing it.

Special thanks to soundguy also for knowing his stuff and telling it how it is.

/ Antifreeze in the distributor? #25  
glad you got it fixed.

now.. it's time to learn how to weld/solder/braze. ;)