oil leak

/ oil leak #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
i have a 600 ford ,i have put new rear seals in the motor, this last time i put new side seals i ran a bead of silicon in the inside and out side of the block, this seems to have slowed the leak but it has not stoped it has any one had this problem? if so how did you fix the leak?

/ oil leak #2  
has anyone had this problem... probabls safer to reword it so that everyone has had the problem.

yep. ford rear mains drip or weep about 99% of the time.

some silicone the wedge seals and ends..e tc.

if you can get it down to a drip.. you are fine.

keeps the underside from rusting. :)

just make sur ehte bellhousing dfrain is open.. :)

strap a tuna can downthere with a sponge in , using bailing wire to hold it if you are getting mor ethan a few drips of oil. put a few hours on it and see what it does.

/ oil leak
i have been using the tractor this last weekend i started mowing saturday morning checked the oil before i started (it was full) ran the tractor all day then sunday i checked the oil before i started (never start the tractor untill the oil is checked) it was a pint low so i toped it off ran it all day again, then yesterday i checked it be fore i moved it out of my way no less thanomeone said help a pint , so now im not as worried about a drip or two ,like someone said helps keep the rust down lol.