Help identifying Ford engine

/ Help identifying Ford engine #1  

dalton92

Tractor
1957 Ford 860
Hi, I am a new owner of a 1957 Ford 860 tractor. I was told by the previous owners that they replaced the 40hp engine that came in the tractor with a 60hp engine. I cannot for the life of me find anything on the numbers I have pulled from the engine. Please help! The metal tag on the block says Ford Industrial Engine, model # JD1020, Serial # 3643-C28CA. Any and all help would be appreciated! THANKS!!

/ Help identifying Ford engine
IMG_4634.jpg
I attached a picture of the tag, sorry it is so blurry! I was hoping maybe the style of the tag might help in identifying how old it is. Thanks again!

/ Help identifying Ford engine #3  
that's an industrial engine tag.

why not post us the casting numbers off the engine instead of that hard to read tag :)

ps. i'm not aware of any 40hp engines.

the 172ci made about 48 the 192 more like 55.

you can bolt any of the 134/144/172 and 192 ci engines into all the bellhousings.

/ Help identifying Ford engine
Thank you so much for the reply! The only things we could find on the engine was JD6015 and what looks like 43F..2 We have looked all over it and with the exception of the tag, those are the only numbers.

/ Help identifying Ford engine #5  
the 6015 casting should have a suffix letter if after 57 and a group of prefix letters or letter numbers. models from 58-59 usually don't have the 6015 casting.

EAE/EAF/B9NN/CONN etc are some possibilities of prefix. suffix letters run from a-h at least with some skips. that covers at least to 64. though red tigers were made past that as well. take another look around that 6015 casting