wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #1  

Mike SWMO

Tractor
Ford 800 series
Tractor used to start fine. the other day it wouldn't start and I noticed a wire was loose. Not sure but think it came from the small terminal block that holds wires from ignition key, relay, battery, light sw, fuel gage. I would like to rewire as several wires are old, cracked and need to be replaced. Tractor is a one wire 12 V conversion. Is that just a terminal block or some kind of electrical component?

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #2  
terminal block.

ps.. if you have a fuel gauge.. you have an 801.. not an 800.. BIG difference when you look at the wire diagrams..

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed
Soundguy. Thanks. Yes, it does have a fuel gage. I was saying an 800 series tractor as that is what I had seen on the metal plate on the front of the tractor. I didn't know if it was an 801, 802, 860 or whatever. Not up on the different types of tractors. I will try to read the serial numbers a little later and do some more learning. I have to be away for a few days and will post later in the week. I was able to get it rewired to some degree. It starts, runs and I can get it off the trailer. This is what I needed for today. I was able to clean the terminal block and reuse it even though it was so dirty and rusty I didn't have much hope for it. I also replaced the light switch, a pull on push off switch. Like I said the wiring is in such bad shape I just want to replace all the wires. I notice there are different colors and some with tracers on them, such as black with white tracer and I would like to replace with original color code wire if possible.
Do you have a link of where I can find wiring diagrams. Perhaps I need to post the serial number and then maybe you can help me find the correct wiring diagram.

Again Thanks

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #4  
HTH

600 800 1 Wire.jpg

Dollar Bill Thanks. I believe that is exactly what mine looked like except it had a ceramic doohickey just before the coil.

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #6  
The ceramic doohickey is a ballast resistor. It allows full voltage to the coil when you first crank it up and as it heats up, it will reduce current flow to prevent overheating the coil - As you'll note in the wiring diagram, it calls out a "No External Resistor Required". Whomever did the 6V-12V conversion, probably left the original coil intact and added the dropping resistor. I recommend you replace it with a true 12 volt, "No External Resistor Required" coil and delete the ballast resistor. The NAPA part number you're looking for is IC14SB.

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #7  
ditto that on the coil / resistor. much better setup.

to the OP. sn, model id, is on the trans bellhousing flat aft of the starter. 801 tin should not have an 800 id badge on it unless the user just mix n matched parts.

Dollar and Soundguy

I am on the other side of the state (SW MO) right now and not near the tractor. I will look into it more when I get back to SE MO. I yo-yo back and forth across the state.

Thank you both very much.

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #9  
...was saying an 800 series tractor as that is what I had seen on the metal plate on the front of the tractor. I didn't know if it was an 801, 802, 860 or whatever...

Interesting, as my 861 also has a "800" badge on the nose. Mine is a '58. Weird two people have 01s with 800 badges.

/ wiring diagean 800 series ford 1956 needed #10  
i also question that he thinks it is a 56.. as that is a 00

i'd look at that bellhousing again...

as for the tinwork and the round badge.. that's mix n match for sure easy to do...