8n lift - position control vs draft control

/ 8n lift - position control vs draft control #1  

calh22554

Tractor
ford 8n
Hi All- this is rookie question. My 8n lifts and lowers great in when the system is in "Position Control". However, when I flip the lever to "draft control" my plow will drop to the ground and the lift will not lift it anymore. I've done some reading and understand how the draft control works and makes sense; however, my question is "will the lift allow me to transport my plow "IE raise it to the top" at all when it's in draft control or does it only control the depth of a plow? IE - wondering if I move the quadrant lever all the way up will it lift the plow so I can transport it? Or do I need to move it to "position Control" to transport my plow? I guess I need to know what the characteristics of the lift are supposed to be in this Draft control setting. Thanks for you help!!

/ 8n lift - position control vs draft control #2  
In draft mode, once you move it off the top stop, the touch control lever controls draft as you described. To raise the plow pull touch control all the way up to raise the plow. Simple. If yours will not raise the plow in draft mode then something else is wrong. It will only raise the plow with touch all the way up. Not like position control mode where partial movement of the touch control partially raises the arms.

Use the stop on the quadrant as a reminder where to set the touch control for the depth you wanted when plowing. Properly functioning, draft mode will raise or lower the plow to keep the load on the tractor continuous.

/ 8n lift - position control vs draft control #3  
When it will not lift the implement in draft mode something in the draft linkage is either bent or worn to the point that the lift control valve is not actuated enough to raise the lift. Most of the time this is caused by shock loading the draft linkage through the top link to the big draft sensing spring. Also, the draft sensing spring seat can be deformed by the implement bouncing up and down during transport over rough terrain.

Sounds like it's time to R&R the lift cover for inspection and adjustments.

/ 8n lift - position control vs draft control #4  
ditto that. plow should lift at the top of the quad in draft contorl.. if it won't.. it needs adjustment

/ 8n lift - position control vs draft control
Thanks guys - this is exactly how it works. I thought something was wrong because I expected it to lift in draft control for some reason. Good to know this is how it's supposed to work.